• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Clara: ClariS Will Not Disband

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildikdog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
Claris had a CD coming out as they announced they were going to disband. When they made that announcement the CD as expected shot up the preorder rankings chart and will probably become a bestseller. Now suddenly decide just kidding. Hmmmm......

They didn't say they were going to disband, they said Alice was leaving, and she did.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
Claris had a CD coming out as they announced they were going to disband. When they made that announcement the CD as expected shot up the preorder rankings chart and will probably become a bestseller. Now suddenly decide just kidding. Hmmmm......
Best to wait a while to avoid being too obvious. Passing her entrance exams would be a great excuse to come back.
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Is no one going to say anything about Gero? I was surprised to see he was the one interviewing Clara as I've liked both Gero's and ClarIs' work when they sang as utaites Anime smile Anyway, I'm glad that ClarIs is still continuing even if it's just Clara.

Last edited by CatzCradle on Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seiru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Ah glad to see a follow up on ClariS.Happy to hear that she will continue singing but there will always be a little piece in my heart that Alice will come back since their backstory is so adorable and sweet and I just love seeing them both together.
Dfens

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Seems like a cop out to say they aren't disbanded when one of the 2 members that made the group has left. Now could she ever come back in the future who knows maybe she will/can change her mind.

But even if they get a replacement that sounds just like her or better, even then it won't be the same ClariS that made them as popular as they are.
yu3lora

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:02 pm Reply with quote
If you watch the whole video Clara said that ClariS will not disband. So, it is still unknown if she will be solo or have a new partner. But, it is possible that Alice will come back. We just don't know yet.

Seems like this article is concluding early.
SteveUzumaki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Not really sure what to think on this. I love ClariS to death as they're one of my favorite artists, so it was sad to see Alice leave the duo. But, now that Alice is gone, it's just Clara. It's not the same without Alice, in both the name of the group and the songs that will be produced in the future.

However, I do wish Alice well on her studies and whatever else she decides to pursue. It's her life after all. I am however in the group with a sliver of hope that one day Alice will return to ClariS someday.
Yause

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm still trying to figure out how ClariS didn't, given the whole "half the duo left" thing. Is Alice going to be replaced? Though I wonder how she'll scout said replacement without coming out as Clara.

It's a matter of semantics. Half the duo has left, but the ClariS brand will remain in use despite the change.

In short, they want the fans to continue buying what they release, so it's counter-productive to announce a disbandment (an exception would exist if Clara herself were super popular, thus justifying the launch of a new act and branding), even if that's what it really is.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:29 am Reply with quote
Just go solo. That's not so bad.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2