Forum - View topic
NEWS: Microsoft Launches Gargantia 3D Browser Game in English




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sobe



Joined: 04 Jun 2011
Posts: 856
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:24 am Reply with quote
Sequel please ;<. I miss Chamber. Maybe this will give IG more incentive to continue GotVP.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SouthPacific



Joined: 24 Oct 2013
Posts: 689
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:33 am Reply with quote
Got 6250 pts on the first mission... Not sure if good or bad, but what I know is that the atmosphere in the game is very pleasant.

It's a shame you can't fly low, closer to the ships and do some cool stunts/check out the fleet from a closer perspective.


I really want another season or two of the anime, there's just so much they could expand on!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pokenatic



Joined: 24 Jan 2012
Posts: 515
Location: Neo Venezia
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:42 am Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
Got 6250 pts on the first mission... Not sure if good or bad, but what I know is that the atmosphere in the game is very pleasant.

That's really high. I only got 4,250 and that's because I didn't get perfect a couple times.

SouthPacific wrote:
It's a shame you can't fly low, closer to the ships and do some cool stunts/check out the fleet from a closer perspective.

That's what I was thinking. Not being able to fly closer made the free flight mode somewhat boring, but I guess they didn't want to bother with all that collision physics for a small game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SnaphappyFMA



Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 216
Location: California
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:06 am Reply with quote
I'm not a gamer, but watching these videos made me want to rewatch Gargantia. =D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dessa



Joined: 14 Jul 2004
Posts: 4434
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:08 am Reply with quote
Dang, I missed too many and got a 0 score.


Also, anyone else having a problem where inverting the Y-axis doesn't work? I want up to push me up and down to push me down, and neither option worked for that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Asrialys



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 1134
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Dang, I missed too many and got a 0 score.


Also, anyone else having a problem where inverting the Y-axis doesn't work? I want up to push me up and down to push me down, and neither option worked for that.

Can't test the options now, but my default controls allowed me to point up when I pushed up...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 14194
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Microsoft Flight Simulator Smile

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kougeru



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 5344
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Funny how laggy this is on all browsers for me even tho I can run games like BF4 at max settings with 100+ FPS. Tis the fate of browser games , I guess. Only when I speed up tho so my score is limited by going slow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
FlamingFirewire



Joined: 03 Jun 2013
Posts: 435
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Funny how laggy this is on all browsers for me even tho I can run games like BF4 at max settings with 100+ FPS. Tis the fate of browser games , I guess. Only when I speed up tho so my score is limited by going slow


Man, I have a laggy 7-8 year old laptop that plays this game without lay in the newest version of Firefox - weird.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FlamingFirewire



Joined: 03 Jun 2013
Posts: 435
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Microsoft Flight Simulator Smile



I wonder when Microsoft is going to bring back that franchise...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Emerje



Joined: 10 Aug 2002
Posts: 6969
Location: Maine
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Couldn't play the game part at all in IE. It was a lagging, stuttering mess that was maxing out my CPU, something most modern games don't do at max settings, and completely unplayable. In Chrome the gameplay was nice and smooth, but occasionally stalls on loading screens.

English dialogue is pretty funny, there are a lot of places where it gets way, way too wordy compared to what's being spoken. For a guy that speaks in short, broken sentences Ledo sure can ramble in this game.

Emerje
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Suena



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 289
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:47 am Reply with quote
That was pretty fun! Though it took me three tries to figure out what the heck my mission was. It played very smoothly for me. But then, I wasn't using IE Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FD2Raptor



Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 100
Location: Viet Nam
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:44 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:

Also, anyone else having a problem where inverting the Y-axis doesn't work? I want up to push me up and down to push me down, and neither option worked for that.


That's actually the default option. Invert Y-axis will make the control more inline with flight sim control (S-down to point the nose up/ W-up to point nose down).

Got 6160 on the mission; 7xGreat, 13xPerfect and with 33 seconds to spare.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dessa



Joined: 14 Jul 2004
Posts: 4434
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:43 am Reply with quote
FD2Raptor wrote:
Dessa wrote:

Also, anyone else having a problem where inverting the Y-axis doesn't work? I want up to push me up and down to push me down, and neither option worked for that.


That's actually the default option. Invert Y-axis will make the control more inline with flight sim control (S-down to point the nose up/ W-up to point nose down).


Mine was glitched, then, because it started out like that, and inverting did nothing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group