• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Akame ga Kill! (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:23 pm Reply with quote
it looks like this one can't have season 2 since they killed everyone.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
it looks like this one can't have season 2 since they killed everyone.

There's not really a need for a season 2. This was a single story told to completion. It was a good ride and if it comes out on blu ray with a dub I'll definitely pick it up.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:28 pm Reply with quote
yeah, but you said this is following the manga anymore. I guess this is not popular enough. IF it's like AoT popular, they would wait for the manga to catch up, then make season 2.

I would change the ending that the new government is more evil and worst than the previous. Just like when the Roman Empire collapsed, European turn into Dark Age, then black death.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:55 pm Reply with quote
It stopped following the manga for the most part after Mine's fight with Justice girl. Tatsumi still get captured and put up for execution, which is where the manga's still at. The anime continued forward with an original ending, and unless the manga has the same events occur and then continues past that point, there wouldn't be material for a second season. Unless they wanted to do Akame Ga Kill! Sisterhood.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:02 am Reply with quote
Good god, what a terrible horrible trainwreck of an ending. I gave the series a final grade of Not Really Good, personally. Lots of wasted potential and spoiler[the series failed to get me care about any of the characters, so killing them all off was not effective.] The only good part of that last episode was seeing spoiler[the fatass minister get his head bashed in.]
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Well, there is way to continue. Tatsumi was not the star of the show, Akame is. Anime ends spoiler[ with Akame leaving as the scape goat for the new regime / republic. She see fighting whole number of would be enemies, but she going go so she have a happy ending of sorts.]

I think the Akame ga Kill! Theater gives better closer for the series for people than anime itself. least if you want the touchie feelly ending. Which i don't mind.

Manga I've not read, but if they haven't bumped off Tatsumi, means there could be different road to travel.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Or they could start the next season with Akame going into the bathroom to take a shower and she sees somebody is already there. She pulls back the shower curtain to see Tatsumi and we realize it was all a dream...
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:56 am Reply with quote
Very dissatisfied with the end of the series, which is sad, since it had been one of my top series since it started. The one at the church is really where it started going down hill, where there started being pacing problems and obvious skips in the storyline between episodes. I'm hoping that the manga goes much better, but I'll be getting it from the library, rather than buying it, until I see how it ends.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:45 am Reply with quote
People still seem to insist the only good stories are ones where their favorite characters live happily ever after.

Leone should have made it however. Her ending feels a bit like Kirk having a scaffolding fall on him.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:23 am Reply with quote
Leone's spoiler[death made things even steven.] Two spoiler[survivors] from NR (Akame and Najendo) and two from the Jaegers (Wave and Winged Guy). So, symmetry, I guess?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:42 am Reply with quote
Death the Kid is pleased
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:48 am Reply with quote
I posted my final take on Akame ga Kill! in the review talkback, so I won't repost it all here. I'll just link to it instead Smile

CK's final take on Akame ga Kill!
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:14 am Reply with quote
Can I just say that Allison Keith as Leone is the best part of the English dub for this show? David Wald as Bulat's also pretty awesome. Also nice to see Jessica Boone come back to anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 35 of 35