• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Reprinting Case Closed Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gilles Poitras

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:06 am Reply with quote
thelastgogeta wrote:
Yep, I'm another one who isn't interested till the manga gets a proper translation with the correct names.

Add me to that list. Perhaps Viz should consider doing a Detective Conan omnibus edition with Japanese names intact.

I would buy that FAST!
SynergyMan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:23 am Reply with quote
MetalUpa1014 wrote:
I hated how they changed the names and script for Case Closed. COME ON GUYS. We may be Westerners, but DON'T TREAT US LIKE CHILDREN. We can actually make the effort to understand Japanese names and culture. It isn't that difficult.

I blame the creator as well. It's partly his fault for these changes. It's not a western thing, the Germans got a faithful version of Detective Conan. It's just that we Yanks and Canucks aren't so lucky, despite the latter being smarter than both, as shown by international testing. I'm sorry for the Canucks who have to be tied to us in markets.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Dark Absol wrote:

3 shelves tall enough to almost touching the ceiling. Of course, I'm looking to add more shelves.

I see. You must have a lot of space where you live. I only have two bookshelves in my small room that do not touch the ceiling and one is smaller then the other. Plus I only have two manga series on one of those shelves so far (one is omnibus). The rest I keep inside a storage container until I can one day display them properly

Dark Absol wrote:
Viz ceased all publishing of Shakugan no Shana titles at 2nd volume of light novel version and 6th volume of manga. In other words, Viz effectively canceled 'em. :/

Makes me wonder if I can go back to collecting Cased Closed (from 4th volume and so on) again or not, because I just started collecting Attack on Titan at Volume 1, which I just got and recently finished collecting Black Cat at 20th volume (started collecting this title last year) and there are many 'ecchi' titles/volumes (my favorite genre) that are coming out this year. ;(

I wonder why Viz stopped publishing Shana instead of finishing what they started? Was it because the books were not selling well enough for them? As for whether you should go back to collecting Detective Conan, I'll say go for it. You should finish what you started before starting another series. Don't make the mistake of collecting a bunch of different tittles only to leave them incomplete. It happened to me (and it still does to a less extent) and it's not that good.

thelastgogeta wrote:

Given how Dragon Ball hasn't got a proper and uncensored translation in English yet, it may never come...

Really? I thought they already release the uncut version of Dragonball when they publish the series as an omnibus.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Morosama

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Gilles Poitras wrote:
thelastgogeta wrote:
Yep, I'm another one who isn't interested till the manga gets a proper translation with the correct names.

Add me to that list. Perhaps Viz should consider doing a Detective Conan omnibus edition with Japanese names intact.

I would buy that FAST!

Ditto! I would buy this series in a heartbeat if they offered it with the correct names!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2