• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nico877

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:45 am Reply with quote
Hi! Looking to grab a copy of Stardust Memory. Was it only released in singles and later in an Anime Legends set? I've seen another complete collection release so I was just wondering if it's legit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009E32UC/ref=s9_simh_gw_p74_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0ENJVG7G1GCG929NGHR6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

Thanks!
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:03 pm Reply with quote
it was released on VHS first
yes, that is legit
personally, it will probably be re-released and you can watch it on daisuki? maybe
so i wouldn't buy it unless it's cheap
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:22 pm Reply with quote
There are the singles, then there is the Anime Legends brick which I have, and it was probably released again in multi-disc single-sized case like the other Gundam OVAs (0080 and 08th MS Team, I have this version for those). Those also say "Anime Legends" on them as well.

You're about a year too late to find anything Gundam other than Unicorn though, it went down with Bandai Ent. USA's sinking ship. Most of the places I know are out of copies and they are no longer in print, so about all you will find now is resellers of used copies. You will have to brave the Amazon Marketplace and Ebay cesspools of bootleggery if you want to find a legit copy of Gundam 0083, set your Minovsky particles to full density.

EDIT: Check your PMs for a link.
Dfens

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:32 pm Reply with quote
You will probably will have to pay through the nose if you want the whole series since it's long out of print.

It was released on DVD as 4 singles well over 10 years ago, then in 2005-ish as a DVD set the one pictured in the Amazon link. Then re-released one last time as a Anime Legends DVD set with a new cover. Last time it was available it was running 45-50 dollars for the entire series.

Checking Ebay the singles sold as low as 26.99 guy got lucky to as high as 150 dollars as of recent for the box set.

Kind of kicking myself for not picking up a copy before Bandai USA shutdown but I don't have the time to watch what I already have in my collection.

Last edited by Dfens on Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nico87

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Hey, OP here. I managed to snag a copy of the one in my link for $50 on eBay. Not too bad in my opinion!
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:52 am Reply with quote
If you have a regionfree DVD player, you can get the Australian release for about $50. That's the cheapest release that you can get at the moment.

Prices for most of the Gundam releases went up after Bandai USA went out of business so it's definitely going to be difficult to find it at a reasonable price.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1