• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Glasslip (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:34 am Reply with quote
Welp that ending....from episode 10.

spoiler[GlassLIP achieved]. Idk where this show is going to go from here but it looks like part of Touko's future came to be.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:09 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
This is a PA Works show and nobody is angsting over a dead mother? WHAAAAAAAAAAT

Kakeru's mother looks to be the next best thing.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:03 pm Reply with quote
..........yeah is it me or is YanaxYuki a much more appealing pair?

I want to root for Kakeru but honestly for a "cutesy heroine", Touko is as dull as dirt. I shouldn't keep comparing them but Menma and Manaka were like a thousand times cuter than her.

.........or maybe it's just her seiyuu who's dull. I don't really know....:/ but Touko comes off as kind of dopey as well; lol her mouth is constantly open.

I really love the other works by this studio...but unlike them, I don't think I'll be buying Glasslip on DVD...

Am I the only one who finds nano.RIPE's ending for this very grating....?
Galap

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:25 am Reply with quote
Awesome episode today!

I've gained quite a bit of respect for Sachi. While her move with messing up the date was pretty dick, I really like how she spoiler[made her feelings clear, and said what she wanted despite the fact that it's in no way socially conventional (liking two people)]

Also, we now get the meaning of Yana's odd texts. I really like that aspect of this show. Often times a character will say something, and it won't make any sense, but an episode or two later we'll learn the context.That kind of odd order of understanding and learning the significance or meaning of things later is something I really like a lot in things.

Also spoiler[Nice kiss].
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:00 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

Am I the only one who saw them? Two characters in this episode were right out of a different P.A. Works anime, at first I thought I was seeing things, actually it is probably from recycled designs, but still. First look at this screenshot from about 16:30, and if you don't see it straight away look at this picture. Totally distracted me for the rest of the episode, I might have kind of ignored other developments for this one stupid bit.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:20 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Am I the only one who saw them?

I thought they looked familiar but didn't make the connection. Significant extra characters in anime are actually quite rare so having those two show up like that seemed to need some significance attached to it.

At the time I thought they were just burning time as this anime can do. That whole bit of looking at everything (even the shot from overhead) through the glass bead was pretty once or twice but very soon started to seem like a waste of time. I guess that just shows how the pace can so easily slip between the "relaxed" and "annoying" attributes.

So the significance turns out to be a bored animator.

Also sort of annoying: Two people ask Kakeru if he likes Touku and he answers neither time. They really didn't need Jonathan in the scene but it turned out not to hurt anything.

May soon be annoying: The phantom/duplicate/clone Kakerus. They are trying to be clever/surreal/avant garde and they are really just none of that.

Less than annoying: we finally get a spoiler[kiss] scene. Extra points for not too much stammering and blushing.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:58 am Reply with quote
That's another thing!
It pisses me off that far superior PA Works shows had spoiler[NO kiss] scenes yet THIS one freaking does....!?(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote
OR DID IT!? Maybe she was just seeing things again.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:31 am Reply with quote
I really wonder what direction this show will head towards to. spoiler[David and Touko's relationship sure is closer now while Sachi herself also grows close to someone.]

What's with that spoiler[fireworks premonition] though?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:54 pm Reply with quote
That's quite some little sister ya got there, Touko. She thought you had yourspoiler[ V-card punched] but covered you like a champ.

BTW, why is Yataglass Studios signage in all English? Any Japan-side business I ever saw would have Kana over the English. Not even in Tokyo or Yokohama -- I would think it be even more rare in small towns.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:52 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

I am almost beginning to think premonitions might be an spoiler[alternate world or something, what with the mentions of seeing someone].

Anyone else take note of the younger sister's phone background being a blue sea slug? Being that the spoiler[moment was to do with asking permission to be with her longed one (at least in some way]), it is a little fitting. I wonder if there has been a bunch of stuff like from Nagi no Asakura I have not noticed before now.
MagicallyDelicious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I said this somewhere else but I've decided that Touko is seeing visions from the Nagi no Asakura world... and that's salt flake snow she keeps seeing... because so far, I'm not really following what point they are actually trying to make.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:21 am Reply with quote
This show.....like I don't know what to do with it. lol
I feel even the show doesn't really care about its ships. :/

Touko: "I feel like we don't really know each other."

THANK YOU, TOUKO. You actually said something intelligent. lol

The music went a bit omnious for a couple scenes. Sachi's behavior?
Not sure what to do with that. Really, this anime is strange. Kakeru's weird. Touko's weird. Sachi's REALLY weird. Yuki and Yana....stop being ridiculous and just get together already! Hiro....you are perfectly normal, level-headed, and ordinary.
Just stay that way, Hiro. We need that in a show full of weirdos.

DuskyPredator wrote:
Anyone else take note of the younger sister's phone background being a blue sea slug?

I DID!
I SAW THE SLUG!! Razz
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:27 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Really, this anime is strange.

So are you, but we like you for it.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:46 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Chiibi wrote:
Really, this anime is strange.

So are you, but we like you for it.

I am somewhat normal compared to this anime.... Rolling Eyes You will not see me talking to two other Chiibis or hiding while talking to people.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10