• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Glasslip (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:36 am Reply with quote
I'm not a big fan of spoiler[David in this series so I kinda smiled when he got falcon punched. It was also kinda obvious why he challenged Kakeru to that race too]. I was actually somewhat looking forward to that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Everyone was kinda acting stupid in this episode... Hiro and Sachi were the only ones acting sensible (and they barely did anything). Honestly the Touko/Kakeru relationship just doesn't really gel with me. I mean, the dude has less personality than Tatsuya and is nowhere near as awesome, so I don't buy that Touko would fall for him so easily.

Also, given the nature of Yuki and Yanagi's relationship, where are all the "Ewww, incest!" people at? Laughing
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Everyone was kinda acting stupid in this episode...

Actually I found it all quote soporific today. It is actually pretty amazing someone worked up the energy to throw a punch. The foot race was out of the question.

What's the deal with the Okikura family anyway? Mom and Dad seem to get along but they don't live together and she only visits now and then. Kakeru avoids her and lives in a tent in the yard and washes up with the garden hose. Boy's got issues man.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:35 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

So much drama.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:42 am Reply with quote
Actually, I thought David's mother was dead. I wish David-kun and Yukinari didn't look so much alike. I have no problem telling them apart when they are in the same frame because David has shaggier hair and it seems to be a darker shade of black. But if they suddenly show one of them in a new scene I'm never quite sure who I'm looking at.

Sadly, none of the "relationships" are gelling for me. I can't root for Touko-David because I don't really like him and her blushing, stammering awkwardness about her own feelings are a bit of a drag, frankly. I can't root for Y-Y because he's being a bit of a douche to her. And I can't root for Nice Guy-Hospital Girl because she doesn't seem that into it on a non-platonic level. Blergh.

Oh well, maybe Nice Guy's sister and Touka's mom will get some yuri thing going on...
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:51 am Reply with quote
I hope they can avoid that spoiler[grim future according to the vision. I don't see this show as a supernatural series yet but that premonition really doesn't look pleasant.]

Oh and spoiler[5:30-kun] has some admirers huh?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Oh and spoiler[5:30-kun] has some admirers huh?

I would say he could have little sis if he wants. She's pretty cute. But anime high school boys never want the middle school girls.

A lot going on in Ep 7. Kakeru: is he schizoid? A bit odd for him to have conversations with spoiler[two copies of himself.] Apparently that has been going on for a while.

Aside from that he seems to have attracted some antipathy from certain parties and I don't see what he did to deserve it.

As for Hiro ("Mr. Boyfriend" ha ha). It was pretty obvious he is all gooey about Sachi and I thought he'd do anything for her. But he was willing to spoiler[rebuke her] in the right way for the right reasons. Good for him and I hope she got the message. She was way out of line.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:36 pm Reply with quote
I kinda lost track of how many times I went "What the hell are you doing?" this episode Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

This episode was super weird, I totally thought that I missed an episode that it was like it flowed totally differently to other episodes. spoiler[Kakeru apparently talks to imaginary versions of himself, little sister practices swimming, Touko is holding Kakeru's hand a lot, apparently everyone cares about Yukinari looking attractive, And Sachi is suddenly declaring Hiro as her boyfriend.] All of these felt like they suddenly thrown into significance without being properly flowed in. Add in a hate for Kakeru which was kind of odd, and the style that felt a little different, and I am kind of confused maybe what the staff were doing.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this was definitely a strange episode, especially with Kakeru spoiler[talking to his imaginary copies] and the whole "attractive Yukinari" thing. Although I'm pretty sure the word they used was "kakkoi", which I've generally seen used to simply mean "cool". I mean, I have heard it used to describe a person's appearance before, and it's still rather weird regardless of the word used, I just think translating it as "cool" would make a bit more sense than "attractive".

I did think that spoiler[Touko and Kakeru holding hands] was cute, as was spoiler[Sachi calling Hiro her boyfriend], although that second thing was rather sudden.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:22 am Reply with quote
Glad to see I wasn't the only one going wtf? throughout this eppie. Y'all have already mentioned the things I stubbed my toe on. When I saw David and Touka spoiler[holding hands] right off the top of the episode, I thought I had mistakenly jumped ahead in the viewing order.

@ Jacquipuff - even before I saw your post, I had an instinctive feeling that "attractive" was not quite the right word in the context it was being used, but as a non-Japanese speaker I had no way of really knowing. Your suggestion of the word "cool" makes a lot more sense to me.

And poor Yanagi. Her question of, spoiler["why can't he see that he has no chance?"] is bang-on, of course, but the irony is she doesn't seem to recognize it applies equally to her.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote
Another spoiler[fragment of the future]? I wonder what this show is really trying to pull from all of this. I found the latest episode to be strange again. I just hope it ties in the plot together in the end with what it's trying to do.
Galap

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:35 pm Reply with quote
#8: spoiler[I could be wrong, but I'm starting to suspect that they aren't really fragments of the future, but rather intentions. The crows coming from Yana shows that she isn't happy about the idea of Touko and Okikura getting together on some level. The kiss probably just means that Okikura wants to kiss Touko. I don't really know what the snow means, though.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm having a bit of a problem figuring out what each of Kakeru (David) and Touka want from their relationship, such as it is. They both have an interest but is distracted by her visions and he by his delusions of himself. (actually isn't that kind of normal for a guy? spoiler[just kidding.])

Anyway I hope they take his suggestion up on talking about it with her friends. It is always so tiresome when so much of the plot hinges on the characters concealing things too much.

I thought they were going to cop out on the shower scene but then they surprised me. Turned out nice. I wonder how many replays they have logged for the 40 seconds before the eye catch. I'll cop to one.

P.S. While I appreciate Hiro letting Sachi know he doesn't approve of her manipulations I think he is in danger of taking it too far if he hasn't already. At some point he becomes a manipulative/abusive dick himself.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:54 pm Reply with quote
hmmm, sometimes its so good to have these threads. I had stalled out after the 5th episode and was just considering to catch up when I decided to check up on here first.

First five episode take up 5 pages. The last three? This one fills the page.

What little enthusiasm this show has had seems to have completely faded away.

Does anyone see a reason for me to jump back in now? I don't.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10