• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ARGEVOLLEN (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:27 pm Reply with quote
That last scene is... kinda ominous.
spoiler[Arge is moving on its own.]

It's clear that despite their spoiler[victory, the squad is doing (or rather, forced to do) exactly what the brigadier general & his ever-smiling industry rep friend want them to. Perhaps that's why Cmd. Samonji says, "I've lost."]

Overall, it is a good episode (and yet another scream fest Laughing) And it's kinda late, but... hurrah, new OP!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 17

Didn't he need to pilot spoiler[the Argevollen because they were losing the battle]? But we only saw spoiler[him fight the enemy mech which was not fighting before the battle], so narrative wise it is kind of confusing. Or just comes off kind of shallow that the show just wanted to spoiler[create a reason for him to pilot it, and then thrust him into the boss battle only he can have]. Also Jamie should have at least been able to spoiler[see how synchronised at the end he was and talk to him via radio, no reason to run to him a good distance from where he should get out].

And also not too happy over the battle spoiler[just having them scream the whole time.] On the up side he might make a spoiler[good LIM].
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:44 am Reply with quote
@ DP - it was pretty clear that Private Hothead decided spoiler[to pilot Argevollen once it was clear that if he did not, the entire unit would be wiped out.] At the time he made his decision it was not yet clear spoiler[that the Red Baron was waiting specifically for him to come out.]

Tokimune is letting a great opportunity go by. If I was in his boots, I'd be saying to Jamie:

"Yeah, this going out of control thing is such a drag. But I can't help feeling like... maybe... if I was getting LOTS AND LOTS of sex, that it would help? Somehow?"

*meaningful look at Jamie whilst licking lips*

And she would gently whisper "baka" under her breath while dropping trou...
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:18 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if spoiler[his mind is really stuck in side the operating system of Argevollen. It won't have walked on its own back to base could it? His sister's situation showed it needed an operator keeping the drone Kreig Trailers moving.]
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:17 pm Reply with quote
New opener got me hyped.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Episode 18

What the hell! Why is the spoiler[blond guy still alive]? Why are his spoiler[people repairing his mech]? The whole point of the mission was to spoiler[destroy it, but they just let it be taken back after it was defeated]? That there is bullshit, we watched all those episodes knowing that spoiler[one has to go down, and then without any explanation they say that we will have to wait for another match].

Most of the stuff is getting pretty good and consistent, and then it does something stupid like that. The show totally forgets the point at doing something, that they were having trouble so we should have seen him fight the other mecha in the fight, and that Jamie knows high synchronisation is connected to losing control, the tests proved nothing.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Er, nope. Their mission was to buy some time until the wounded forces successfully withdrew, and then withdraw themselves. Defeating the Sturm Alpha was a bonus.
The (numerically superior) enemy frontal attack wave was not wiped out, and presumably they took the base.

Episode 18:
Uh-oh. spoiler[The Arge has been mass-produced. And we get a glimpse of the show's final boss.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:00 am Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
Er, nope. Their mission was to buy some time until the wounded forces successfully withdrew, and then withdraw themselves. Defeating the Sturm Alpha was a bonus.
The (numerically superior) enemy frontal attack wave was not wiped out, and presumably they took the base.

The reason any of them were there in the first place was to take it out. By not finishing it off they made all their time there a waste of resources.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:19 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[I think the main boss will be the corporation itself. Who knows what they were doing to Argevollen during that maintenance period they kept the maintains crew girls out of the bay. Mass produced machines maybe drones like the ones used by the prototype.]
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:17 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Jamie knows high synchronisation is connected to losing control, the tests proved nothing.

My interpretation of that was that the manager guy was basically telling Jamie that if she didn't cooperate, their "tests" would show that she was obstructing company business for no reason and that she would be demoted or fired as a result. In essence, if she wanted to stay where she was (close to Tokimune and potentially able to help him), she'd better play along and not cause any trouble.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Ep:18
spoiler[Someone put out the presumption that those are "mass produced Arge", my money is that those are mass produced Drones made to be remote piloted by whatever upgrades are being performed unto the Arge.]
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:35 pm Reply with quote
EP 18
spoiler[I had a feeling it was drones since they showed those flash backs of drone's attacking because of the Sister. With that sudden flash of the pilot asking question Arge what it thought, suddenly he see through the cockpit at HIM. I wonder if something really bad will happen when the attack begins. Maybe the sister is a ghost in the machine aka Arge. I suspect least by ep 20 that Sturm Alpha dones will be arriving too. This is going be ugly when Corp i think will turn them both nations. do a real corp take over.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Most memorable quote from episode 20:

spoiler[I love 8th Unit]. Yup, Tokimune said it and I couldn't help but smile when he did.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Episode 21

WTH, their own spoiler[army is turning on itself because they want to "win" the war]? That guy says that it is true spoiler[respect for the soldiers who have sacrificed, but if he really cared about the people he would not send so many to die while sitting in his command tower and reaping the benefits]. But having the soldiers spoiler[turn on their own people so they can keep fighting], that is madness. What does he plan on doing next, forcing civilians into the military and getting them killed?

The irony of the invading force spoiler[having the goal of ousting corrupt leaders, only to have someone usurp those to continue the fight]. The show mentioned that there is a monarchy, but so far we have only seen the military force making decisions and we have seen no monarchy or really acknowledgment of them. Feels like I am being told to make a opinion with only seeing part of the picture.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:07 am Reply with quote
I've been having trouble forcing myself to continue watching this for quite a while. It has a similar feel to something like 08th MS Team, but there's just no world building going on for us to care about what's going on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 12