• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote
I rated this show Very Good. I had to take off some points because there were a few episodes that I thought kind of dragged for me due to rehashing well-established gags, but overall a very well done show. I admit I got sucked in by Nozaki-kun's, "spoiler[I feel the same way. I love ... fireworks, too."] Dohhhhhhh!

I'd like to see a second season just to see more Seo.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:54 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Lol at Mikorin spending the festival buying 300 yen anime toys. Also who was the guy in the white shirt that stopped and looked at the camera after Seo and Waka ran past him at 21:45?

That would be Mayu, spoiler[Nozaki's younger brother.]

Gina Szanboti wrote:
Do we know why Nozaki was so bandaged up during their first meeting? It looked like someone had tried to strangle him! I can't remember if he mentioned it in a flashback about his editor or not.

He was so wasted because he had a deadline. The bandages were compresses to relieve muscle fatigue.

Specifically he was trying to come up with a design for his heroine. Notice how Chiyo was wearing her hair that day...
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:58 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed every minute of this series. All the characters were loveable and hilarious, but Mikorin was definitely my fave. Would love to see this getting a second season!
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:04 am Reply with quote
Final episode...
Poor Sakura had no luck with giving chocolate to Nozaki.
Guess he doesn't care about anything if it's not manga related.
That part in the hallway was such a misunderstanding, but LOL
Sakura & Mikorin at the festival... they are so alike at times.
Everyone was at that festival.
It sure was fun ^^
Flashback to the 1st day of school was sweet.
OMG! Sakura confessed to Nozaki!! (´ ▽`).。o♡
Damn... why does he always misunderstand..
*sigh* I was really hoping for a more mutual confession end.
Still, it was a really nice anime.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
He was so wasted because he had a deadline. The bandages were compresses to relieve muscle fatigue.

When I first watched the first episode I was in pain from a tooth soon to be extracted and didn't find it all that funny. So I watched it again last night to see if I felt differently about it pain-free. And lo and behold, it was explained in detail there, with diagrams. Very Happy

Still didn't think it was as good as the subsequent episodes though. Wink
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

Nozaki-kun baka! Anime hyper
Oh the ending of this, Kashima pretty much says that she likes Hori, Seo with Waka, and the Nozaki and Sakura part. Oh, such a tease. Lots of other details too, like the random girls planning on hitting on the cute looking Mikorin and Kashima.

This show was so much fun, it is part of what I consider the season's triforce of comedy. Barakamon has Wisdom from being able to mix in drama, Survival Game Club was a little bit naughty so it gets power, so GSNK gets courage for the pure hearted hero/heroine with a reliable source of laughs. The show was able to grab standard shoujo tropes and characters, and just play them in a way that never felt cliché and always entertaining. So much love with for the characters, maybe I would say the best cast of characters for the season.

Regardless I will rate this Excellent. Possibly as Blood- said it deserves a few marks taken off, but I really think by the end this would easily be one of my top shows I have watched, at least from a comedy standpoint. I was about to say "romantic comedy", but I think I stand by the point that this series really stands out as something else, a Comedic Romance, pretty much rom-com turned around. You say there are never any fresh comedy shows with a romantic twist, watch this one, you may be surprised.

Going to miss this, but strangely I am not sad, it was a good send off.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Everybody has said what I would have said so I'll just say I really hope we get more of this series. >____<
CYNRHEL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:42 am Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
I also like Mikorin/Chiyo or Mikorin/Chiyo/Nozaki

yes! I ship 'em if there is another season Wink

Episode 12: Finale
t'was really a cracking laugh Laughing and seeing the episode time almost up I want to stop the time. And saying on myself stop the time... stop the time. I don't want the episode to finished Crying or Very sad but oh well ...

This anime really so awesome each episode 'til the Finale was really enjoyable and lots of humor even tho it's 12 episode but hell yeah i love this anime. This is the best one SHOUJO I ever like!

Now all I want is another season...... on how long Chiyo can stay since Nozaki is sooooo uber dense Laughing Well hard to details everything just to make it simple... Please make another season of them it sooooo sweet and cute Anime smile Razz
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Those chocolates looked really tasty...and now it's time for me to be sad that this show is over...

Well, I do think this was a good way to end this series, though. Wakamatsu's thought processes... Laughing And even though it didn't go quite the way she would have wanted, it was nice that Chiyo got a moment to just sit next to Nozaki and enjoy the fireworks.

Here's hoping for a second season!
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Well I just caught up to this.

Ken-kun is my hero.
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:17 am Reply with quote
I loved the show! It really got me "awwing" in the end with Chiyo's confession and Nozaki's declaration of love--of fireworks! Very Happy

I can't say I have one favorite character, as it's the interaction between the characters, especially the couples, that make this show such a comedic masterpiece. I think my favorite couple is Seo and Waka, with Kashima and Hori right on their heels (they get points off for intentional violence, however cartoony. Seo may be rough with Waka, but I can't remember her intentionally hurting him outside of a game. She's certainly never thrown a whiteboard at him!)

I'd love to see more of this animated. Vertical_Ed mentioned in the Vertical Poll thread that a few people voted for Nozaki-kun and that "it works". I don't want to get my hopes up, but that's a good sign! Did anyone here vote for the manga in the latest Vertical poll?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:30 am Reply with quote
Huzzah! We are getting a continuation in the form of disc extras!

Oh Waka, you silly boy. There's only one reason you'd be bothered by Yuzuki hanging out with a hot guy!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:31 am Reply with quote
Special 1

Oh Mikorin, never change. I am really fond of him and Kashima being together, that is in a total non romantic way, I like that they are friends. Him spoiler[freaking out over realising he could not be protected by her at all times] was too funny.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 12 of 12