• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Crystal's Extended English-Subtitled Trailer Previews Music

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Only one more week. Can I wait. So I take it Hulu will be streaming this simultaneously. So I don't have to go to CR to watch I can view on my Hulu account with no problems.

Well, I can see where the designs have similarities but my only problem is they have way too much hair. It's like they have a big back head. I'm sorry but it's been bugging the hell out of me and no matter how much I tell myself to accept it, I can only do it up to a point. Oh and considering that this is the first episode, folks try not to get hyped up too much since it's only the first ep. To be honest I want 2 eps of SMC just to start. But maybe we can get quite a bit out of ep. 1 we'll see.
Sailor Star Dust

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Mitsuishi sounded a little strained during her "Ai to seigi no!" etc delivery, but I'm staying optimistic about the new show.

Minor(?) magazine leaked info below:

spoiler[Definitely looking forward to this, especially since that fan-translated Animedia July 2014 article mentioned "an important scene that occurs much later in the story is going to appear in the first episode"... So many possibilities from the manga! So hype!

Also, another fan-translated blurb (I believe from the same issue) has an Episode/Act 1 summary mentioning "Sailor V is trying to solve a burglary case at the jewelry store's grand opening"... Very Happy Sailor V f'real, not just Episode 42 or PGSM live action! Double hype!!]
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:08 pm Reply with quote
#810558 wrote:
I feel like JUST because this is Sailor Moon, people need something to say. At least there aren't any comments (yet) about "DURHUR VENUS ANAL BEADS!!"...

There is now.

I've never seen the original Sailor Moon (I guess at the time it just wasn't something a "guy like me" should be watching), but I intend on watching this. And since it only airs every other week I should be fine with keeping up with it. I'll see how it goes and if I like it enough I'll continue watching. It's nice that it will apparently be more similar to the manga, so I suppose I'm getting the "definitive experience." The new designs to me (since of course I have to bring that up) seem weird even without having seen the original. I mean, it just feels like that creepy and soulless look feeling that I get from some anime designs. Can't please everybody. Many anime have unrealistic proportions but this is sort of stretching it I think. IN MY OPINION that is. It's not enough to keep me from watching, but looking up the original anime's character designs, I do prefer them to these. Even the manga's designs seem better for some reason, even if this series is adhering closely to that. I'm aware that this is all just me nitpicking something that really isn't that big of a deal, I just thought I'd share my thoughts on the matter.
DigitalFowl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Jayhosh wrote:
#810558 wrote:
I feel like JUST because this is Sailor Moon, people need something to say. At least there aren't any comments (yet) about "DURHUR VENUS ANAL BEADS!!"...

There is now.

I've never seen the original Sailor Moon (I guess at the time it just wasn't something a "guy like me" should be watching), but I intend on watching this. And since it only airs every other week I should be fine with keeping up with it. I'll see how it goes and if I like it enough I'll continue watching. It's nice that it will apparently be more similar to the manga, so I suppose I'm getting the "definitive experience." The new designs to me (since of course I have to bring that up) seem weird even without having seen the original. I mean, it just feels like that creepy and soulless look feeling that I get from some anime designs. Can't please everybody. Many anime have unrealistic proportions but this is sort of stretching it I think. IN MY OPINION that is. It's not enough to keep me from watching, but looking up the original anime's character designs, I do prefer them to these. Even the manga's designs seem better for some reason, even if this series is adhering closely to that. I'm aware that this is all just me nitpicking something that really isn't that big of a deal, I just thought I'd share my thoughts on the matter.

This is a calm, intelligent, clearly depicted as an opinion and level headed criticism of the character designs.

Everything else so far criticism wise has been an absolute farce, so you deserve credit for putting some actual thought into your feelings about the character designs, which is clearly WAYYYY too hard for most of the other people you see bitching and moaning about the designs.

I will admit that I do feel that the proportions and designs for the characters do feel a bit bizarre compared to the manga and original anime, albeit I don't agree with the 'souless expression' comment, but I'm taking it as it's how they're attempting to establish a unique 'manga adaptation' look for the show. Even if it's not the 'best' decision, it's at least one that will stick with me as having been 'different'.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:06 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Bleh as expected this score will simply be a slight variation of Takanashi's work on Precure. Still anything with Remi doing the chorus is enough for me Laughing

Agreed.
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:32 pm Reply with quote
I was pretty impressed with the music and, for 20 years having passed, Mitsuishi still did a great job with her standard lines. The art style in the face still bothers me though, as it seems lifeless for an animation. It isn't about comparing it to the manga/previous anime, etc, it's my feeling and my opinion when I see it on screen. The reassuring part is that isn't much to pull from in this trailer animation-wise, so I'm looking forward to seeing an actual episode next Saturday and hopefully it will be a bit different. Plus, come on, I'm definitely going to check out this series because Sailor Moon/my first anime/nostalgia. Very Happy
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Welp, mixing old style with new style wasn't gonna be easy.

I don't think they look that bad, I guess.
InuKag1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:32 am Reply with quote
Sobe wrote:
I like of miss the older look better. And it just isn't the same. I grew up watching it in English, lol.

I know right!
mi_ka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:05 pm Reply with quote
And I was wondering why it sounds like Suite Precure ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fM-I9JiSpY ) ... same composer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2