• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shonen Jump to Launch 4 Manga Series in Next 3 Issues

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Somewhere

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Getting moved to Jump NEXT is like a quasi-cancellation; more dignity than the outright axing. But you're still moved to a magazine that publishes every 2 months and are probably hanging around for 1 more volume or so.

WSJ is currently at 20 regular serializations. To balance out the incoming 3 new series, it'll be Soul Catcher(S) shifting over to Jump NEXT and either 1 or 2 series getting canceled. If I'm a betting man, say farewell to iShoujo and Stealth Symphony.
(there's already speculation of Stealth ending soon, since it was revealed/leaked that vol 1 and 2 will be released on the same day. When that happens, odds are better than even that the series will be just those 2 volumes)
Hospodar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
For those that read/have knowledge of the Japanese Weekly Shonen Jump, about how many series have current regular serializations? I can see that with 13 new series starting soon, it's possible other series will be axed or moved to another magazine because that's a lot of new series.

How many series Jump currently has running doesn’t matter. I think they have 21. Every (about) 10 weeks they cancel between 1-4 Series (usually 2) and then start new series of the same number. This is an ever repeating cycle that hasn’t changed since the foundation of Jump
OH&S wrote:
I was getting worried for Soul Catcher(s) being cancelled as it was consistently raking near the bottom. But luckily it was saved from that fate by moving to Jump Next!!

Can somebody explain why some people are happy that Soul Catcher is changing Magazines? Jump Next is a bimonthly (means 1 Magazine for 2 months) magazine. This means you will get about 1 Volume worth per Year which equals about 2 Months serialization in WSJ and Jump Next will certainly not let it run longer than a Year. For me this is basically a cancelation
drdr48

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:29 pm Reply with quote
LOL Shonen Jump are so much in panic that their big two out of three - Naruto and Bleach - are ending that they feel like in a huge rush to find their replacement as fast as they can.
flackenstien

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Somewhere wrote:
Getting moved to Jump NEXT is like a quasi-cancellation; more dignity than the outright axing. But you're still moved to a magazine that publishes every 2 months and are probably hanging around for 1 more volume or so.

It is another form of cancellation, but magazine changing is infinitely better than getting axed.

Just imagine if Reborn could have gotten that chance... the series would have ended amazingly..
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:50 pm Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre, somehow I read the headline as saying that there will be 13 new manga series within the next 3 issues.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see Horikoshi doing another work, even though Barrage was somewhat cliche I thought it had a lot of charm to it to merit waiting for the bigger developments, but oh well. I hope he's able to develop a hit with this one though, it'd be a shame to let someone like him go and have nothing else put out.

I'm honestly not that bent out of shape about Stealth Syphony being canceled, I didn't find any of the characters that especially interesting no matter how much fun it was having with itself. While spoiler[Jeig being absolutely batshit insane was a nice twist] it really is only happening now due to it's inevitable cancellation. I'll read it til the end but otherwise, eh, Keep up the good work with DRRR and Baccano Ryohgo.

Ok Togashi. ONE WEEK. Just ONE WEEK. I'm holding you to that...
Drunk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:55 am Reply with quote
June 30, July 7, July 14 and July 19. That's FOUR issues, not three. ^-^ And why's the July 19 issue coming out just 5 days after the last one? Because of a japanese holiday?
Somewhere

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:53 am Reply with quote
Correct; July 21 would be the third Monday of July, so it'd be Marine Day. Hence the July 19 release date.
ARC-1300

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:41 am Reply with quote
drdr48 wrote:
LOL Shonen Jump are so much in panic that their big two out of three - Naruto and Bleach - are ending that they feel like in a huge rush to find their replacement as fast as they can.

Not really,so long as they have their money making machine (one piece)they'll be fine. And it's not going anywhere, anytime soon. Plus their are more popular series than bleach(which hasn't been relevant in years) and naruto out their anyway.
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:47 am Reply with quote
drdr48 wrote:

Popularity in the west does not equate popularity in Japan. Naruto is popular enough but Bleach has dipped in recent years, which beffuldes me because it's still a thousand times more engaging than Naruto.

One Piece must bring in the big money for the Jump, and certainly isn't going away anytime soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2