• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What does Sailor Moon mean to you? Entries Part 15

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swirlyd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:32 am Reply with quote
Lonely and Judy; your photos are great! I'm sad that they didn't get in either but I'm glad you shared them here so we could see them.

I made it on page 11 (its the MS paint one with a "badly" painted over photograph of me and my boyfriend as sailor moon and tuxedo mask)
My boyfriend hasn't actually seen the photo... hopefully he won't mind too much. He watched through the doom tree saga so far and then got sucked back into minecraft so I need to fix that Anime hyper

All the entries on that page are wonderful, I can't wait to see who wins. At this point I'm just glad to have seen the love this show is still getting outside my group of friends.

I'm working on a Jupiter Steampunk costume right now, which is serving to motivate more healthy eating and exercise because I want to do the character justice, I just wish I knew I was doing it when the contest started so I could have shared my concept sketches.
AlexanderNicholasHall

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:18 am Reply with quote
taibluh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:37 am Reply with quote
JudySparrow wrote:
Okay, I'm sad and angry right now. I worked on my drawing about a week. I made it 500 × 1000 pixels in 300 dpi, I didn't wrote more than 60 words when I submitted it in time... so then why didn't made it in the finals? I couldn't sleep in the past 3 days because I was waiting/hoping to see it.... Crying or Very sad

Here's my drawing if someone interested... 1 week of hard work for nothing:

http://wereleopard.deviantart.com/art/WhatSailorMoonMeansToMe-462073715
your entry is beautiful!! it really inspired me-- i favourited it <3 thank you for sharing such wonderful emotions with me!!!
kitsu.lecray

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote
I don't think i made it either Sad and it's a little bit disheartening, but it happens I guess... I was just really hoping that I would o.o I think it is however a little unfair that certain websites/facebook fan pages with thousands of likes have entries up instead though >.> it seems like it'd be easier for them to get votes ~_~

This was my entry
http://kitsulecray.deviantart.com/art/sailor-moon-322932176

And my entry was 99 words Laughing

"Sailor Moon inspired me to start drawing anime more and to continue with it even when my mental illnesses started getting worse... She inspired me to get better and to continue to show my strength through art even when things were looking their worst. Even today, if I'm feeling down, I put one of the Sailor Moon DVDs on, pick up a pencil, and immediately start feeling better and more like myself again. I owe Naoko Takeuchi so much for saving my art life, as well as my mental health, and that is what Sailor Moon means to me."

wait, what? ok, so i KNOW i went through all the galleries already, and mine is on page 3?!? O_o O_o O_o ohmygosh
Sailor Star Dust

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Sorry to hear about those that didn't make it. Sad I'm still shocked I did in Part 6.
Star Angel Haruki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Good luck everyone, even to those that didn't get in because you're all still SM fans regardless and apart of the SM fandom family, so we're all winners. I think the best thing about this contest is seeing how SM affected so many of us.

Reading all the messages just makes you feel warm inside. It's shows like SM tha not only inspire but create such talented artist, writers, animators, musicians - and so on.

Long live Sailor Moon! 20+ and still going strong!! Surprised
Bobbi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:01 pm Reply with quote
There are so many good entries, the judges are probably going to have a tough time choosing the winners.
taibluh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:32 pm Reply with quote
does anyone know when the actual judging will take place? I assumed today since it said the 30th, but I haven't seen any updates! >< I'm really confused.
azenobio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Oh man I absolutely did not expect my entry to get accepted in the contest x_x Mine is the artwork in the middle of page 11 with the girl and the bright light/sword Smile I'm so anxious haha. This never happened to me before Anime hyper best of luck to everyone!!!
Makaiei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:21 pm Reply with quote
I couldn't be more ecstatic or thankful to be chosen as one of the final entries! Mine is on page 9, second from last.

animenewsnetwork.com/contest/2014-06-28/what-does-sailor-moon-mean-to-you/entries/9/.76055#gallery_top

I'm just upset I can't vote for my own entry! D:
SailorDJ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Makaiei wrote:
I couldn't be more ecstatic or thankful to be chosen as one of the final entries! Mine is on page 9, second from last.

animenewsnetwork.com/contest/2014-06-28/what-does-sailor-moon-mean-to-you/entries/9/.76055#gallery_top

Mines is right next to yours. I'm the last entry on page 9. Very Happy

Great entry BTW!

taibluh wrote:
does anyone know when the actual judging will take place? I assumed today since it said the 30th, but I haven't seen any updates! >< I'm really confused.

You might not be able to see this, but on the voting page for Parts 1-8, it says:

Quote:
The deadline for voting for both sets is 11:59 PM ET, July 1st. On July 2 the top 2 entries from each group will be posted for a run-off vote. That vote will run for 24 hours only at the winner of the popular vote will be announced on July 4th.

They got a little behind in selecting the finalists. So, the dates were pushed back a bit. Since the audience vote will be announced July 4th, I'm guessing the winners will be announced July 5th.
ArgoCub2015

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:28 am Reply with quote
Having some trouble voting

I recently just registered yesterday so I can vote but I keep getting some error, has anyone had that Problem?

Etherway I am so psych that 2 of my pics got picked and are part of the finalist!
moonserenity92

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:46 am Reply with quote
I can't vote either. Been trying again and again. Get a weird error
Rainsan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:07 am Reply with quote
ArgoCub2015 wrote:
Having some trouble voting

I recently just registered yesterday so I can vote but I keep getting some error, has anyone had that Problem?

Etherway I am so psych that 2 of my pics got picked and are part of the finalist!

they created a deadline for when u had to register if u wanted to vote. So if u registered recently or even if u registered a lil while ago but didn't post to a forum until recently, it seems, you wont be able to vote im afraid. (This is via the other main forum attached to page one of entries, a few people have had this issue)
farichada

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:25 am Reply with quote
Wow, a bunch of solid entries. I am curious to estimate how many of the entries were sent by women versus men and if a keen eye could spot the difference. Not to judge, but to just merely observe the trends because I am odd like that. There's no doubt men watch that show, but do you think women would more proud to display their love to the show through entries.

If I had to venture a guess, I would say 2 to 1 ratio with girls leading the pack since anime is unfortunately not as a boy dominated fandom compared to what it used to be. Con goers, again people who are more open about their passion for anime, are nearly as numerous as men at the cons I go to.

Well anyways, I didn't apply but Sailor Moon does have special meaning to me. It is iconic and a more sentimental feel that one of reverence since I think Sailor Moon paved the road for many even better magical girl shows in the future rather than being an example of a truly great one. I like this stuff enough to post even though I am somewhat silently disappointed that community and public interests articles are crowding out the hard industry news stories. But again, I guess it is what we want which is what ANN will write, and I even admit I do like consuming stuff like this like most others.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5