• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Character Guessing Game, Q3-2014 Round.

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
murph76

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:26 pm Reply with quote
And that's the round. Calathan's image and Vaisaga's guess are still i play, and I will transfer them when I get the new round posted. Scores will be up in a bit.
murph76

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:59 pm Reply with quote
This round's scores:

And we do have an upset: Vaisaga has come very close to the top spot in a few rounds, and finally achieved victory. Smile

Per Rule 10A, passed turns are off limits to getchman, WhiteHairGirls, Calathan and Vaisaga in the Q4 round.

However, per this suggestion, I'm proposing a time limit for this rule. My thought: If no one has grabbed an open turn after 12 hours, that turn is open to anyone. Other thoughts?

Also, how can Rule 2G be modified to avoid situations like the one that cropped up here? I believe the rule is necessary, but perhaps it needs to be clarified. I'm open to your suggestions.
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:01 am Reply with quote
Dammit, I didn't get anything this round. Oh well. I have plenty of more anime stuff to go through before I can truly master this game.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
All hail your new God! Bwahahaha!

Though I'm sure Calathan was just on vacation this round or something. I'll probably get destroyed in the next one Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

12 hours sounds like a reasonable time to me.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
Akane the Catgirl wrote:
Dammit, I didn't get anything this round. Oh well. I have plenty of more anime stuff to go through before I can truly master this game.

You're not alone, Akane! This is the first round since I started playing that I didn't get a single correct guess. All of the characters that I did recognize were already correctly guessed by the time I got to see them. Sad
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:14 am Reply with quote
murph76 wrote:

However, per this suggestion, I'm proposing a time limit for this rule. My thought: If no one has grabbed an open turn after 12 hours, that turn is open to anyone. Other thoughts?

I like this idea. 12 hours should be enough time to give others a chance. Although out of the 4, I think Vaisaga was really the only taking free turns in the past.

Vaisaga wrote:

Though I'm sure Calathan was just on vacation this round or something. I'll probably get destroyed in the next one Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

That one round where I was only 3 points away from first place was because Calathan had like a week or longer vacation. If it weren't for that I would have lost by more lol.

Last edited by WhiteHairGirls on Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:16 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Although out of the 4, I think Vaisaga was really the only taking free turns in the past.

Yup. I always ruin everything for everyone Laughing
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:04 am Reply with quote
Are you sure you counted those right? I feel like I did worse than last round. If it's true then hooray I broke double digits. Gratz to Vaisaga. Hasn't Vaisaga beaten the Grand Master Calathan before though? I checked. No one has for the past few years atleast.

Edit: I counted my own score and I did indeed score 11, I think. Bwahaha!
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:58 am Reply with quote
Congratulations to Vaisaga. I wasn't on vacation for any significant amount of time . . . you were just doing really well at guessing this round. I think I need to start watching more recent anime in order to remain competitive . . . the percentage of shows that I've seen among what is used in the game keeps going down.

Also, I think 12 hours is a good limit for the open turn rule. I never take open turns though anyway.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:26 am Reply with quote
ouch, down to 4th
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 57 of 57