• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Magimoji Rurumo (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:19 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:
Course as a guy maybe I just see things differently lol.

And I am not a guy?

idk i was just speaking in general.
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:12 am Reply with quote
Ep 6

MC found some spoiler[abandoned kitties, took them home and of course yandere mama hates animal so he brought them to school to find new owners. The cats remind Chiro's backstory. MC started using them cats but grow to like them. Sadly, the poor sick kitty couldn't make it.]

Despite the cliche, it's a pretty good episode. After 5 episodes Shibaki didn't impress me at all, all he did was acting like a perv, he makes me laugh a few times. Good thing that this episode focused on some his warm side. Despite that he spoiler[used the kitties for his own pervert dream, it's a good thing that he changed his heart and started caring for them than just tools and willing to sacrifice his time for them].

The ending was pretty sad, reminds me of when my pet died. It's good to see a better side of his character, and it's good enough to sympathize with him. It's a nice break from the perverted stuff.

Seems like next episode will back to the casual beach and boobs troops.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:29 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

That's right, spoiler[kill a pet], that will make spoiler[me feel sad]. My pet dog was spoiler[put down a few weeks ago, and I have been trying avoid my feeling les I weep].

Episode could not have been foreshadowing right? You know that spoiler[Incident is like Rurumo, that it was destined to die, or that magic does not work on the dead].
GreyFoxes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:52 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[CAAAAAASSSSEEE!]

I was not expecting to watch this show ready to laugh and enjoy kittens and end up spoiler[crying for like 3 minutes straight.]

Why must they manipulate my emotions so ? Crying or Very sad
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:06 am Reply with quote
Yeah, friggin' anime. You think you are watching something spoiler[funny and light and then it sneaks up behind you and clubs you in the back of the head.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

He needs a plan, so he spoiler[asks the disciplinary comitie to help him take off Rurumo's swimsuit], just small but I found that part to be very funny.

As a fan of Inoue's character, I was pleased by some scenes, even if spoiler[it was supposedly a trick.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

The best parts were of Rurumo trying to spoiler[convince her friend that it was not her fault, as if there was any question that it was.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Not terrible, but not actually good. For spoiler[amnesia and trying to remember], this was totally outdone weeks ago on spoiler[Captain Earth]. My opinion by the end is that it is kind of cute, it is king of what I think of with things like the musical score expressing the tone. But yeah, it had lots of problems.

Although perhaps arguably little to do with each other, because this is a J.C. Staff anime, I feel the need to compare this to another of their fairly recent anime, Witch Craft Works, which I can confidently claim was far superior to this. The male lead character in WCW was pretty much a girl, but say what you will about that, it was far more interesting the lead here being often being like low level scum of a pervert. The crassness plagued the cute parts of this show and often made it feel embarrassing to follow the lead and hard to relate to. Actually it could totally be saved by an aspect that knew what was wrong and could show proper respect, this is represented by Inoue who was the perfect balance. Unfortunatly it feels like the choice to go with the more Kouta X Rurumo ending made it feel like it chose to go with the wrong side of cute instead.

I rate it So-so, I can't really recommend it that much, but was shy of torture.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed this. Had a bizarre start, but it got better as it went along. it put a smile on my face every week, and it was nice seeing Rurumo slowly gain emotions. it's unfortunate that its currently unlicensed, because I'd very likely buy it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:55 pm Reply with quote
I was going to rate this Decent, but I liked the finale enough that I'm bumping up the title overall to Good. Cute show. MC irritated me a number of times but he wasn't as bad as some of the breed can be and Rurumo was adorable. Liked the cat, too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2