• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2014 - Aniplex of America

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:07 am Reply with quote
Strange how the anohana TV series went a long time without being licensed, eventually picked up for a deluxe box by NIS America, and then just a year or two later, Aniplex falls in love with the franchise, rolls out the movie in North American theaters, and makes their own deluxe box for the movie.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:15 am Reply with quote
I think that's a reflection of that fact that anohana the TV series was licensed during a time when AoA was still only releasing a select handful of titles whereas nowadays they are releasing more and more of AoJ/A-1 Pictures content. From the outside, it looks like AoA started off as a cautious experiment, but as time went on and their model (presumably) worked out for them, they've decided to expand their slate.

Anyway, that's quite a roster of special guests they brought with them. Damn, I gotta check out AX one of these days.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1