• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Z Resurrection 'F' Film to Screen in 74 Countries

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:24 pm Reply with quote
I hope it plays in a nearby theater. Seeing Battle of Gods in an actual theater was an interesting experience.

Don't really care which language, either. Let's cut that off at the start.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Jex2193

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Oh my cousin is going to love this
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait! It's probably a safe assumption that one of the 74 is Canada, but I hope a screening is nearby.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:39 pm Reply with quote
They should screen Expelled from Paradise in 74 countries. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SuiSeiKen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:29 am Reply with quote
Same mistake as BoG. It's useless to quickly announce 74 countries if they planned to worldwide release it in 1-2 years. France only gets BoG this year, so what, whe have to wait untill 2017 ?
coolkidpiccolo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:30 am Reply with quote
Please let South Africa be one of them!!! Hopefully it would be an English dub worldwide release. Not that I don't mind watching it with subs, it's just that the folks here in SA grew up with the show's FUNimation English dub as part of their childhood. If they release this worldwide, it would make a killer at the box office. The Battle of Gods' week release in the USA profited over $2 million.
It's been a while since I last saw an anime in theatres. The last one I saw was 'Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie'. If a DBZ movie is being showed, it would make my life worth living!
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:42 am Reply with quote
Madman announced that they'll be showing this in Australia in both dub and sub form in Late Winter.

I was fine with watching it in Japanese with subtitles because of MomoClo Z but, out of my love for the English version of DBZ that I grew up with and the love I have for the Jpop group I only started listening to few years ago when I was a jaded 16 year old school boy, my love for the English version wins out.

I have the option of watching it in Japanese but if it's one or the other (Which it most likely will be) English is my choice. I'll just download the movie when it gets released on Blu-ray in Japan.

Hopefully they keep the OP intact in the English dub. As much as I like Brina Palencia and many of the other talented women who work at Funimation, I don't want to hear an English cover version.

SuiSeiKen wrote:
Same mistake as BoG. It's useless to quickly announce 74 countries if they planned to worldwide release it in 1-2 years. France only gets BoG this year, so what, whe have to wait untill 2017 ?
I don't even know what you're getting mad about.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:23 am Reply with quote
Does this mean it'll get translated to all of these countries' languages too? That's pretty cool if they did, to be honest.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:42 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Does this mean it'll get translated to all of these countries' languages too? That's pretty cool if they did, to be honest.

Would be pointless if they didn't, but we're talking subs here, not subs. We're also talking about 74 countries, not 74 languages. Languages like English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese and a few others are going to be enough to cover all of those countries.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:43 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I know most will be subtitles. Still, it's a bunch of work and a lot of translators.
Toonami4Eva

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:58 am Reply with quote
Anyone read the 3 part chapters of RoF? It shows how Frieza was resurrected and a few other interesting stuff. Like how my favorite character Gohan is so frikin weak he had to go SS on the fodder -_- Other than that its worth a read.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:32 pm Reply with quote
mlangeveld15 wrote:
It's been a while since I last saw an anime in theatres. The last one I saw was 'Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie'. If a DBZ movie is being showed, it would make my life worth living!

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie was the only anime movie I ever saw in theaters until I saw Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods last year. What a horrific experience that was. YGO: The Movie is still probably the worst movie I've ever seen in theaters. At least The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas was entertaining. YGO The Movie was boring, stupid, nonsensical, and all the annoying 8-year-old boys in the audience standing up and misbehaving, and kids waving their arms in the air. There was also a baby in the audience that the mother would NOT take out of the theater. God, that was a horrible experience. It was a relief to FINALLY see another anime movie in theaters. DBZ: BoG had a sold-out show with some very passionate fans. Everyone laughed and clapped at the dialogue, and everyone did a "KAMEHAMEHA!!!" at the very end. By contrast, that movie is probably one of the BEST experiences I've had in the theater.

SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
Hopefully they keep the OP intact in the English dub. As much as I like Brina Palencia and many of the other talented women who work at Funimation, I don't want to hear an English cover version.

If it's like Battle of Gods, the songs WILL be getting English covers... by the Japanese singers themselves.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I have a brand new huge theater within walking distance! It would be awesome if it came there somehow, I would totally go see it.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:39 pm Reply with quote
This many countries plust a lot more should equal how many countries CR should be doing their simulcasts plus have it uncensored so that they are getting as large of an audience as possible.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:23 pm Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie was the only anime movie I ever saw in theaters until I saw Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods last year. What a horrific experience that was. YGO: The Movie is still probably the worst movie I've ever seen in theaters. At least The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas was entertaining. YGO The Movie was boring, stupid, nonsensical, and all the annoying 8-year-old boys in the audience standing up and misbehaving, and kids waving their arms in the air. There was also a baby in the audience that the mother would NOT take out of the theater. God, that was a horrible experience. It was a relief to FINALLY see another anime movie in theaters. DBZ: BoG had a sold-out show with some very passionate fans. Everyone laughed and clapped at the dialogue, and everyone did a "KAMEHAMEHA!!!" at the very end. By contrast, that movie is probably one of the BEST experiences I've had in the theater.

Yeah, that kind of comes with the property with children's films. It's why I always choose to go during weekday matinee hours. That, and the tickets are cheaper. If it's during the summer though, I'm out of luck. A lot of Pixar movies come out during the summer too...

For the most part, if there's just one or two misbehaving children, the parents start feeling shamed and they tell their kids to be quiet or leave the room altogether. (This happened with WALL•E and Shrek the Third for me.) It's instances like these where there are LOTS of misbehaving kids that the parents stop feeling that kind of shame, and they'll get angry at YOU instead if you try to tell them anything. (This happened with Star Wars: Episode I, though I've personally never seen it happen again.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2