• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Akame ga Kill, DRAMAtical Murder, Blue Spring Ride TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! I'm looking forward to most of these especially Akame ga Kill and Blue Spring Ride.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:24 pm Reply with quote
I hope Crunchyroll doesn't use the official guidebook names for their Akame ga Kill translation, but they probably will.
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
and the game's Kabura Fuchii (togainu no chi) of Nitroplus are in charge of the series scripts.

Hmmm. Not sure how this will work considering TnC was pretty bad...
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:14 pm Reply with quote
SICK! We in there!
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:15 pm Reply with quote
From the article:
Quote:
..., and Toradora! in dubbed and subtitled formats.

The subtitled episodes of Toradora! have been available at CR for some time (since 10/19/2012).

Only the first 6 episodes were available to free users, however, so perhaps this means now all will be available to free users (as has always been the case for premium users).
IZFSLE

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Oneeyedjacks wrote:
I hope Crunchyroll doesn't use the official guidebook names for their Akame ga Kill translation, but they probably will.

What is the localization? I'm searching for Akame ga Kill and it's not coming up. CR just probably doesn't have it up on the site yet, but I could be wrong.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:45 pm Reply with quote
IZFSLE wrote:
Oneeyedjacks wrote:

What is the localization? I'm searching for Akame ga Kill and it's not coming up. CR just probably doesn't have it up on the site yet, but I could be wrong.

They aren't on CR's website yet, possibly because the titles were announced at AX, rather than their website.

But what's with the guidebook names? Were they just really Engrishy or something?
epicrevenge

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm containing my excitement until I find out whether they are being streamed in the UK or not. If they are then I'll be pleased because I want to watch most of them.
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:54 pm Reply with quote
RestlessOne wrote:
IZFSLE wrote:

They aren't on CR's website yet, possibly because the titles were announced at AX, rather than their website.

But what's with the guidebook names? Were they just really Engrishy or something?

These are the official romanized names from a guidebook released a couple weeks ago in Japan.

Some of them aren't bad, but others feel like they were made up by a 13 year old trying to sound edgy.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Oneeyedjacks wrote:

These are the official romanized names from a guidebook released a couple weeks ago in Japan.

Some of them aren't bad, but others feel like they were made up by a 13 year old trying to sound edgy.

My favorites are Liver and Esdeath. Personally, I rather have the official transcriptions used, just because it's my preference to go with authorial intention. But I totally get it.

Side note: the fantranslation bit on pronunciations confuses me. Even with an accent, some of these are going to sound different when spoken. And I guess I never considered the katakana as being an official pronunciation for foreign names, simply because most VAs aren't going to be able to say them correctly/how they would sound naturally.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Didn't they also announce GTO Paradise Lost Question
BigHeadClan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, love CR can't wait to watch Akame.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:34 pm Reply with quote
The day for the Akame ga KILL! simulcast is incorrect and should be changed.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-842313/summer-2014-anime?pg=29#46980265
Quote:
Brand Manager
lugiamania

It is tomorrow! Sunday July 6 @ 9am Pacific time!
AnimeMachina

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:41 am Reply with quote
I really dont care about crunchyroll site.I never watch anime online except One Piece.Its better to just download and watch on my PC.Anyway Akame ga Kill looks interesting i will watch first episode tomorrow Anime smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1