• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dark Horse To Release Oh My Goddess! Omnibus Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:57 pm Reply with quote
20th anniversary, of what? Since the manga was licensed/released here or something, or the 90s OVA? That'd be on its 21st anniversary, and the manga obviously much longer.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:04 pm Reply with quote
The 20th anniversary of when Dark Horse first serialized it in comic book form and this panel goes in-depth of its long history with Dark Horse.
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:13 am Reply with quote
I hope it doesn't take till mid/late 2015 to finish the series. I put reading the series on hold in the 30s, but would still like to finish it sooner, rather then later as I'm still buying it as it comes out in anticipation of the finale.
It's neat that there's a new version coming out, but I already have the first and eventually second editions of this series, so I'm not planning on buying it again.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:31 am Reply with quote
Covnam: Getting it done by next year is probably the fastest we can hope for. I know it'd be better if OMG could be sped up like Gantz and Blade of the Immortal, but even at their current rate of release, they still take time, because DH wants each volume to be given a professional translation and presentation. But hey, at least they caught up with the Japanese editions, and aren't playing catch-up now. Speaking of BoTI, though, I'm surprised DH hasn't announced omnibus releases for those, yet.

Last edited by GATSU on Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:17 am Reply with quote
Great! I will look forward to buying them.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:01 pm Reply with quote
It's about bloody time. I've considered collecting for a few years now, but at that length figured it was best to wait for the omnibus. Finally coming together. Hooray.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3