• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
DRAMAtical Murder (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Jacquipuff wrote:

This is how the scene plays out in the game too, actually. It's mostly to show that Noiz doesn't consider things like this to be a big deal. Although even so, I'll admit that I was still expecting them to cut it from the anime, so now I'm not sure what to expect in terms of BL content cuts.

Also, some of the scenes with Mizuki are not in the game (though I suppose they could be from the sequel, which I have not played), but I still enjoyed them. It helps show that he, Aoba, and Koujaku are good friends, while in the game we're mostly just told that they are.

Another addition that I liked was seeing how Clear can drink with the gas mask on. In the game they only show him eat. Yeah it was a small thing, but I still liked it. Very Happy

That's interesting to hear! I have not played the games and came into this with little knowledge. Cute that they put in those little additions instead of doing a near word-for-word adaptation. Curious; in the game, was anything explicitly romantic at this point? I'm trying to gauge whether they just kept the Noiz bit in as fanservice or a sign of what's to come.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:08 am Reply with quote
RestLessone wrote:
Curious; in the game, was anything explicitly romantic at this point? I'm trying to gauge whether they just kept the Noiz bit in as fanservice or a sign of what's to come.

(spoiler tagged just in case, though I don't talk about any plot points or anything that hasn't already happened in the anime) spoiler[At this point in the game, nothing is particularly romantic. In the game, this is the part where you make the choices that determine whose route you end up going through later. For example, during the scene where Noiz has broken into Aoba's room, you can pick either "I hear something on the roof", which results in Clear entering the room before Koujaku, or "I hear someone on the stairs", which causes Koujaku to arrive first instead.]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:04 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Platinum Jail explained.
So Grandma is hiding something big.
Clear & Aoba little talk was nice.
Dry Juice crisis.. & mysterious disappearance.
Looks like Morphine took over their territory.
Noiz sure is persistent about wanting Aoba in Rhyme.
Koujaku vs Noiz! Awesome, but too short.
Interesting ending.]
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Clear's Jellyfish song! In the game, you don't get to hear him sing it, they just play the BGM and have Aoba comment on how nice it sounds, so when I heard this was getting an anime, one of my hopes was that we'd actually get to hear him singing. The very brief bit we heard in this episode sounded good, hopefully there's a longer version in the future, even if it's just on a soundtrack.

Hmm, not too much to say about the episode itself...finally, Mink enters the story...
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:53 pm Reply with quote
So I guess the tech to block by keyword has been lost in this dystopian future... But yeah, sure, spoiler[open suspicious email that's DoSing your inbox], what could possibly go wrong?

I really like the soundtrack to this (I'd like to hear Clear's whole song too), I just with they wouldn't have used synthesized vocals.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Aw, Clear is pretty adorable. I like his voice.

This mostly functions as a set-up episode, but it does its job. Animation and art were definitely not as bad as last time. The storytelling, evidence of it being a VN adaptation, is still a bit choppy with characters constantly appearing and disappearing, but I've gotten used to it. Glad that Mink has finally made his arrival.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, the Yaraon blog has a bunch of comparison images of episode 3's original airing and the 'fixed' version:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-25707.html
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:20 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Aoba got himself kidnapped.
Mink & his crew were a bunch of pretty serious guys.
Aoba's suppressed personality is very interesting.
That medicine was probably suppressing it.
Grams still missing. Taken by that Morphine group.
I was surprised that they let Aoba go.
Joining forces was the smart thing to do.
As a team they managed to make a lot of progress.
Still, something weird was definitely going on with Dry Juice.
Looks like their leader made the wrong judgment call..]
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:27 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed seeing how they all worked together spoiler[to save Aoba's grandmother], despite the fact that most of them don't like each other too much. Also, Clear's poorly drawn map. Very Happy

I think the part where spoiler[Aoba is inside Mizuki's thoughts] was better done than in the game. I'm pretty sure spoiler[the part with the words oozing out Aoba's ears did not occur in the game], so that was an interesting touch...
otakudays

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, I did a spit take when I saw the Noiz and Aoba thing...
Aoba, he probably does swing that way.
I think that this could be a really good anime, judging by the overall plot.
I do like the tech theme, and the characters are so individualistic.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:06 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Just want kind of a monster is Aoba?
It's about time his hidden past gets revealed.
I mean we are halfway through the anime.
Well, at least he managed to rescue his Grams.
Mizuki & his crew weren't as lucky to get out without consequences.
Finally, Grams opens up & spills the beans.
Truth was awful and disturbing.
That Toue is one sick bastard!
Aoba's power got explained too.
Damn, when Grams put it like that.. it's a power with great responsibility.
Interesting that it was his power that harmed Mizuki.
So the turn of events forced him to go to Platinum Jail..]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:26 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

Such great writing as "sounds like a rich person's plan", and repeating the exact same thing he was just told like he was looking for clarification. And the explanation spoiler[of his ability] sounded incredibly cheesy.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:23 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Poor Mizuki...]

So finally, spoiler[we're off to Platinum Jail.] In the game, this is the part where the story starts to differ, depending on which character's route you choose to go down, but since they've already scattered bits and pieces from each route throughout the show so far, I can only imagine that they're going to combine them all into one story, not that I'm surprised. I just hope they manage to get through them all adequately, with the number of episodes they have left...

On a somewhat different topic, I was at Otakon this past weekend, and was shocked at just how many Dramatical Murder cosplayers there were. I knew there would be some, but they were everywhere!
RestLessone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:35 am Reply with quote
Man, the last episode was a drag to get through. Basically just exposition. The ending scene was cool enough. Reminded me that this series could have been so much better in the right hands...

Still holding out hope for actual BL to liven things up, considering the writing is unpolished and the action scenes aren't well choreographed.

Neat to hear about the cosplayers. I'm surprised in that I didn't think this series would be popular enough to get so many. I can see why people would be attracted to the bright, future-80's designs, though. Was Aoba the most popular?
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:55 am Reply with quote
RestLessone wrote:
Neat to hear about the cosplayers. I'm surprised in that I didn't think this series would be popular enough to get so many. I can see why people would be attracted to the bright, future-80's designs, though. Was Aoba the most popular?

Yes, Aoba was the most popular, followed by Noiz, then Clear. There weren't too many Koujakus, I imagine at least partially due to the fact that it might be hard to replicate the pattern on his clothes. Mink, Mizuki, Virus, and Trip were much less popular, but still there. I don't recall seeing anyone dressed as Ren's Rhyme form, though.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:39 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Koujaku & Aoba were so cute when they were little.
Guess they have been friends for a long time.
Those 2 actually went to Platinum Jail. Dangerous!
That place was just beyond suspicious.
Guess they really are performing experiments on the masses.
Damn, even those immune to that are mean & dangerous people.
Ryuho sure is a piece of work too.
Him and Koujaku have an interesting past.
It got that bad that Aoba had to use Scrap on him..
Ryuho got what he deserved and Koujaku got better.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4