• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Brynhildr in the Darkness

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
They've only got maybe 10 chapters past where the anime ended...so it will be awhile. Probably another year or so before they have enough material to adapt.

I would like to see a 2nd anime season. I really enjoyed the first 9 episodes. I may hold off delving into the manga, for awhile, in the hopes it does. Though, I've got no idea how well the series is doing in Japan.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Cyclone1993 wrote:
They've only got maybe 10 chapters past where the anime ended...so it will be awhile. Probably another year or so before they have enough material to adapt.

I would like to see a 2nd anime season. I really enjoyed the first 9 episodes. I may hold off delving into the manga, for awhile, in the hopes it does. Though, I've got no idea how well the series is doing in Japan.

I don't know for sure, but I don't think its doing so well...
AlanMintaka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:02 am Reply with quote

Last edited by AlanMintaka on Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:50 am Reply with quote
AlanMintaka wrote:
Feel better now, fun seekers?

Although my take on this anime is similar to yours I am (at this point in my anime watching career anyway) not as likely to get exercised about it. Who knows how many hours I have spent watching episodes of an anime that ended up sucking big time. Many readers here would have done many more than me.

The fact is that with so many anime attempting to utilize so many well worn tropes it is very difficult to stand out. The creators of anime have to take some chances if they want a commercial success. Not all the chances they take are advisable. And they too often don't work out.

This means if they are trying for "edgy" or "adult" they often end up with just "yuck." That's what I think happened here.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:26 pm Reply with quote
AlanMintaka wrote:
This is a necro-post. I admit it, but I just saw the series for the first time on Hulu. What the hell, fetid garbage doesn't magically disappear with time, end we should be allowed to express our disgust of it on an equally eternal basis.

You're right this is a necropost, and typically we don't allow those here. You should read our rules on that. You lucked out though as this is an official review so it's allowable.

That being said, your post is not much more than some long winded soap boxing diatribe (something we also frown upon here) that has very little to do with the actual series here. Basically it's completely off topic. It offers very little in terms of actual conversation but is rather just you aimlessly complaining. There's a difference between expressing your displeasure for a show or topic and adding worthwhile conversation, and just ranting and raving. Your post is the latter, not the former. Moving forward you need to actually post on the topic at hand in a thread and have said posts add to the conversation. Not just hoot and holler aimlessly. Thank you.
AlanMintaka

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Moving forward you need to actually post on the topic at hand in a thread and have said posts add to the conversation. Not just hoot and holler aimlessly. Thank you.

Per your input I've deleted the content of my original post.

Although the "Edit" button displays a mouseover label saying "Edit/delete this post", there doesn't seem to be any obvious way to delete the post once the editing window opens. So I settled for deleting the content for now.

Please accept my apologies and feel free to delete both of my posts - the original which is now empty, and this one.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:52 am Reply with quote
IIRC you can only delete a post if there have been no replies.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
AlanMintaka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
IIRC you can only delete a post if there have been no replies.

Ah, I see it now, thanks.

Makes sense too. If you delete a post with responses, you leave behind orphaned replies.

Once again my apologies to all affected.

Happy Viewing,

Alan Mintaka
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5