• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: JoJo's Bizarre Adventures: Battle Tendency Gets Print Edition in Fall 2015

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaughingElbow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:00 pm Reply with quote
That's a long ass time from now.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Damn. So far.
doomydoomdoom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:34 pm Reply with quote
DAMN IT NO. Sigh. Far indeed. In that time I could just buy all 7 or whatever volumes of the arc in Japanese.

The thing that really gets me is, what horrible thing will happen to me between now and then? That's always the way I look at these far-off release dates...guess it's cause of my Irish blood. Oh well, if anything does happen I'll console myself with BATTLE TENDENCY IN ENGLISH!!! Given that it appears to be the Jojonium release I would call it worth the wait.
yappers4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Why does Viz print manga seem to be getting the short end of the stick on release dates? Sad
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, so far, I don't really get it, it doesn't make any sense, but gotta have to endure it anyways. >_>
Running Wild

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:41 pm Reply with quote
So what are the chances of these being uncensored?
doomydoomdoom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:12 am Reply with quote
Been wondering that myself; they SHOULD be uncensored. Names are, as much as I hate to say it, probably going to be a different story. Could be why our wait times are so long, there'll certainly be some things they have to go through with that. I'm worried about the Coke at the beginning of part 2, given Viz's history with product placement like in Black Lagoon.
Futago_101

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:40 am Reply with quote
Why are people being all whiny about the release date? You guys do realize that Phantom Blood has to come out first, which is February 2015. Plus, Phantom Blood will be released in either a two- or 2.5-in-1 editions instead of 5 separate volumes. The release pace is actually pretty good.

Last edited by Futago_101 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
gedata

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:22 pm Reply with quote
doomydoomdoom wrote:
Been wondering that myself; they SHOULD be uncensored. Names are, as much as I hate to say it, probably going to be a different story. Could be why our wait times are so long, there'll certainly be some things they have to go through with that. I'm worried about the Coke at the beginning of part 2, given Viz's history with product placement like in Black Lagoon.

Just use the name changes in the official subs then
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1