• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Todo] Hiroshi Kawasaki Clean-up

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:12 am Reply with quote
Hiroshi Kawasaki
Hirotsugu Kawasaki

The kanji name 川崎博嗣 is used for both. However, a bunch of the credits for Hiroshi actually belong to Hirotsugu. The remaining credits all belong to 3 people with 2 definite kanji spellings, and possibly a third. I suggest that we hide the current kanji spelling on the Hirotsugu page, and replace it with 川崎浩, the spelling of the producer.

Manga Kodomo Bunko (TV) Script 川崎洋 Keep, new kanji.
Akira (movie) Key Animation 川崎博嗣 Delete, already credited to Hirotsugu
Peter Pan no Bōken (TV) Animation ???? Likely should be moved.
Record of Lodoss War (OAV) Director (ep 8) 川崎博嗣 Delete, already credited to Hirotsugu
Catnapped! The Movie Key Animation 川崎博嗣 See image below, delete. Added to Hirotsugu
Blue Submarine No.6 (OAV) Key Animation (ep 4) 川崎博嗣 Delete. Added to Hirotsugu
Cardcaptor Sakura Movie 2: The Sealed Card Key Animation 川崎博嗣 Delete, already credited to Hirotsugu
.hack//Liminality (OAV) Soundtrack Mastering Engineer (Flair) ???? Probably a different person than the writer or animator
Fairy Tail (TV) Production Advancement (11 episodes) 川崎浩 Keep, 4th person.
Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth - The Animation (TV) Production Advancement (eps 1, 8, 11) 川崎浩 Keep, 4th person.
Star Blazers 2199 (TV) Key Animation (ep 25) 川﨑博嗣 Delete. Added to Hirotsugu

Regarding a possible split... There are clearly three people remaining after the animator credits get moved to Hirotsugu, but I only have 2 spellings, and I did not find any readings online and they probably do not exist. 浩 could be read any of a dozen ways, 洋 can be read more ways, and 川崎 can be read a couple ways too. Maybe split the producer to separate his credits, but leave the remaining two credits together and set the kanji to the only one we have?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1