• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Invaders of the Rokujyōma!? (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Senpai is a saint. Shame she's not a main heroine so she will inevitably end up with nothing.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Well, at least we know now that Yurika truly is a Magical Girl.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Well, at least we know now that Yurika truly is a Magical Girl.

You hadn't noticed her casting a spell in the background when Tulip was about to blow everything up in episode 1?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:54 pm Reply with quote
That was fun. Just what I needed after a crappy week.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:36 pm Reply with quote
@ Vaisaga - I did not. I've been sort of surprised at the lack of Magical Girl displays from Yukina considering that all the other females demonstrate their powers fairly frequently.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:52 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Not only did spoiler[Yurika win the race, but she won at friendship too]. And looks like senpai spoiler[might be something after all]. We also had some focus on the spoiler[dorm supervisor being notably not cute, mines, and the princess having a gangster like squad].

Yurika might be hopeless even as a magical girl or moe cliché, but I can't help but route for her. I think she is staying my favourite, her being a little less pathetic might help, but could that ruin the character.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:11 am Reply with quote
Yurika sure is annoying. I wanna feel bad for her but gosh dang it the way she talks while whining at the same time just grates my nerves the wrong way.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4.

Ah, the requisite beach episode. For a run-down inn it actually seemed to be nice enough. I've stayed in beach houses that were not as good.

As expected, or sooner than expected, it would seem that the girls have found they have difficulty being all enemies of each other. It would seem that we aren't going to get epic battles between them at any rate.

Of course none of them have problems with being enemies of Koutarou. What a boob. How do you dream of spoiler[insects] when you are piled high with cute girls anyway?
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Damn a girl in a sundress beating the other 6 in bikinis.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

The girls allspoiler[ huddled over him not paying attention], and Yurika is just spoiler[talking about how good senpai looks with a smile on her face]. Still favourite character.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5:

Well that was kind of nice. So Sanae is considered fspoiler[amily now and under the same protection.]

That spoiler[evil ghost thing] sure got kinda voluptuous once it spoiler[swallowed Sanae] didn't it?

Yurika escaping from the cosplay club kind of made me LOL. It wasn't that funny but then again it was. It isn't even clear to me if she actually accomplished anything with her magical powers. Regardless, as usual the poor thing doesn't get any credit for what she does manage to do.

Preview: what, another beach episode? Bring it on.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:24 pm Reply with quote
While listening to the ending theme, I felt a tug of recognition. I finally tracked it down. I'm hearing a very faint echo of the opening of the EVA TV series. Does anyone else hear this?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:29 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

So Rainbow Yurika spoiler[pretty much saves the day by alerting them and apparently weakening the ghost at the end, and no one cared about her]. The best bit with her was when he spoiler[asked if he could talk to her alone and then we see him talking to her still tied to the stick just propped up]. Also when she did a spoiler[hand in the middle and said "fight" by herself], a little bit over cutesy but I think fits within adorkable.

Also, the landlord seemed to be spoiler[using some sort of magic/falcon punches]. I would say that I felt something in my eye when spoiler[Sanae was saying that they are family.]

Actually in a meta way, Yurika is kind of succeeding because spoiler[magical girls are meant to save the day from the shadows, only that it has not been by her choice.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:17 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

With him being spoiler[close and friendly to Sanae and some comradeship with Yurika], I m pretty happy. The time skip was a little jarring, it made me think they might reveal it was not real, but it seems to be going forward, probably the bad things will start happening. Someone has come to spoiler[interfere with Tulip, and on the beetle, maybe it will turn into some monster to match Yurika's warnings.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7.

This series is pretty good for one that doesn't seem to draw a lot of forum contents. But other than being a cute fun series there doesn't seem to be a lot to say.

Tulip is at the top of the harem currently. Sanae is jealous but it doesn't cause her to behave badly.

Once again spoiler[Yurika saves the day] and nobody sees it.

And as usual for a bunch of committed enemies everyone sure seems to get along pretty well. Except Hercules and Ruth.

Bonus: neko panties.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4