• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Gets 2-hour '3D2Y' Anime Special in August

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Unbelievable that he is throwing in some anime original character for this, what a downer.

I hope tons of screentime of what Zolo and Sanji were doing is in this, Luffy as well. I also hope the surprise is

spoiler[Sabo and the revolutionaries to tell us what he's done]
cosain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:56 pm Reply with quote
oh my gosh yesssss
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
spoiler[Sabo and the revolutionaries to tell us what he's done]

I doubt it. The episodes have jumped around a bit compared to the manga, but the most recent episode drew in part from chapter 722 while the next episode will likely finish the chapter. "That character" won't make his full reveal until chapter 744. With only 9 episodes to go before the special even if they went to two chapters per episode it would be too soon. In reality the reveal wont take place for probably another 35-40 episodes with them using partial chapters for each episode.

The special is probably exactly what they said it is, the Straw Hat Crew training during the time jump and talk of why Ace was so important.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Adam Slasher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:43 pm Reply with quote
hope the surprise is Akainu vs Aokiji fight on Punk Hazard that would be awesome
sokpupet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:03 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

I hope tons of screentime of what Zolo and Sanji were doing is in this, Luffy as well. I also hope the surprise is

Who's Zolo? There's Roronoa Zoro, of course, who I'm going to assume you're actually talking about.

...because there's no character in One Piece named 'Zolo'.

spoiler[nothing here but this razzy face hehe Razz ]
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:14 am Reply with quote
I am hype.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:24 am Reply with quote
I'll watch it, partly since what I remember from that arc is basically a clusterf*#k up until spoiler[Ace got freed and died](Meaning that eventually I'll have to reread that part for clarity)

I'm not too hot on the idea of some filler villain being added in but I am curious to see what this "surprise" will be at the end.
Davy0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:22 am Reply with quote
If Oda is doing it, there will probably be some mention of Bandy in the manga.
TonyTonyChopper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:14 am Reply with quote
I initially thought this was going to be used to fill up the anime but it woudn't work out because then they had to show new attacks of the Strawhats.

But as it turns out it's going to be even better now but i doubt they going to show much of Robin for clear reasons.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:24 am Reply with quote
Another special episode is great and I would love to see more screentime of the royal shichibukai and admiral Akainu. And wondering who is Bandy and that Moa Moa fruit?

But of all them,I want to know what this "surprise" thing is and Eiichiro Oda is the one who announce it! You know, this guy who often throwing us out of nowhere a curveballs.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:10 am Reply with quote
I'm always up for some more pre-timeskip One Piece. I hope Ace makes some sort of appearance.

Quote:
The World Government summons the Seven Warlords to take care of World, but he manages to capture them.

I realize there are only four/five of the seven active in this period, but I'm interested in how he caught Mihawk and Doflamingo.
Shankusu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:55 am Reply with quote
sokpupet wrote:
Яeverse wrote:

Who's Zolo? There's Roronoa Zoro, of course, who I'm going to assume you're actually talking about.

Name changes....ugh.

I'm skeptical about this special. It's just a bit of recap and filler, as far as I can tell. Although I am pretty curious about that little surprise.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Two-hour filler special with input from the manga-ka himself. Sheesh, for those sub it (both official and fansub versions), that's going to be a lot of translation since that's the equates to 5 TV episodes.
ARC-1300

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:
I'm always up for some more pre-timeskip One Piece. I hope Ace makes some sort of appearance.
you do realize this is taing place furing the 2 year timeskip,meaning he's already (well you know) at that point.

Quote:
The World Government summons the Seven Warlords to take care of World, but he manages to capture them.

I realize there are only four/five of the seven active in this period, but I'm interested in how he caught Mihawk and Doflamingo.

curious about this as well,it'll be quite a site to see
The_way67

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:43 am Reply with quote
sokpupet wrote:
Яeverse wrote:

"Zolo." Is that new hip energy drink isn't it? hahaaha
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2