• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bladedance of Elementalers (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
That would be season 2.

there won't be a season 2.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I know. But if there was, that's when the Blade Dance would happen. And it would take 2 and 2/3 seasons to cover it all.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:31 am Reply with quote
What, no season two, really? This show has actually been a good for such things as an ojousama tsundere who is actually pretty chummy and not actually stuck up despite the pride. A male lead who has charisma to actually match his station. And a female lead who has reasoning for her insecurities and controlling behaviour, yet actually accepts that she is being unreasonable and takes steps by looking at herself.

What comes to mind is that characters like from Familiar of Zero had become a bit of a cliché, and it has managed to make them more tolerable. I feel sad at the idea we won't get to the point of the show. Knee jerk reaction seems to be that they are bad characters but there are a number of scenes showing them as better.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:38 am Reply with quote
Well, we can't say definitively that there won't be more. However looking at how it clearly doesn't have that much budget to work with and the nearly non existant marketing campaign I get the impression the studio wasn't particularly confident in it. Certainly not compared to High School DxD, or even Daimidaler. Audiences can pick up on stuff like that and it can negatively affect their impression of a show.

But I don't really follow sales figures so I have no idea how well it's doing in preorders.

Still, the main purpose of these adaptations is to boost sales of the novels. The show might end prematurely, but if you want to find out what happens next, read the books. They are good reads so I would definitely recommend them if you enjoy the anime.
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Well that was a pretty good final episode. Claire is a great leader and everyone got to do something. The final episode pretty much summarized the whole series. Kamito and the girls teaming up to defeat the enemy and then the girls take turns to either chastise or flirt with Kamito. The series as a whole was nothing impressive, but it was cute and sometimes funny. If we ever by some crazy miracle get a 2nd season I'll watch it, but I won't mind if we don't.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:07 pm Reply with quote
yeah, that was a good fight. everyone got to do something useful. it was decent show, and a better than average harem protagonist when he got the chance.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, that fight is what the rest of the fights in the series are like. Hopefully we'll get to see them animated some day.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:21 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

A not bad end to a show that has done reasonably well, the only mark I might put against it is the spoiler[jealous harem antics], but the spoiler[cake smashing] made it funny. Over the season it had been trying to show true strength came from a good team and teamwork. From the beginning Claire had been trying to gain personal strength and when some blindly chase it they end up hurt.

What felt surprising to me, that the headmaster of the school spoiler[with a good guy image used some sort of dark force to kill someone. It is making it a little hard to see who might be good or bad, or if they both are in a different way].

Overall this actually was not bad compared to some of the other shows similar to this. Some of the girls have character beyond the stereotype, most tend to hate Claire's type of character for being unreasonable, but I think that it was actually quite fair. Kamito was also a step above a number of his like, I especially enjoyed him teasing or just flattering a little instead of being standard helpless. Also fire kitty, Scarlet, and funny Est.

I would not mind seeing another season, it does feel like it is only just getting started with the namesake happening and so much left unexplained. I rate the show Very good, in terms of the genre, it is a good one, if you used to like something like Familiar of Zero, you should check it out.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:43 am Reply with quote
I hope there is a season 2 so I can laugh at Chiibi when Restia x Kamito becomes the final couple Laughing
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:35 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I hope there is a season 2 so I can laugh at Chiibi when Restia x Kamito becomes the final couple Laughing

No way in hell would THAT happen!

............the latter part, I mean. :p

But yes, I want season 2 as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7