Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Kite Film to Premiere on DirecTV on August 28


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 9310
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:38 am Reply with quote
That tells me so much, and relieves me a little. Well, this little bomb will be hidden away and that's a good thing, now give me my uncensored Kite BluRay.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KENZICHI



Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 1034
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:52 am Reply with quote
Is it a channel that you have to pay for (like the cinema channels)? If so I'm not too interested. I thought it'd be on an actual channel, but they aren't being too specific about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
GekiRed



Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Posts: 24
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:37 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
That tells me so much, and relieves me a little. Well, this little bomb will be hidden away and that's a good thing, now give me my uncensored Kite BluRay.


Is there anything you DO like because the majority of your posts make you come across as being a right misery guts...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 9310
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:41 am Reply with quote
GekiRed wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
That tells me so much, and relieves me a little. Well, this little bomb will be hidden away and that's a good thing, now give me my uncensored Kite BluRay.


Is there anything you DO like because the majority of your posts make you come across as being a right misery guts...


I'm not that old British guy or Ikillchicken, I just tend to voice my opinions on things I feel strongly about. And what posts, the ones here and about Robotech? That hardly qualifies you to say I like or enjoy nothing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sokpupet



Joined: 22 May 2004
Posts: 133
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:45 am Reply with quote
I dunno. I've seen your posts for years and for the most part you don't seem to like much of anything.

edit: Though I will also admit I haven't been watching you very closely, so there's every chance I'm just not seeing the right posts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 9310
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:49 am Reply with quote
I like hundreds of anime, I'm just far more likely to comment on things I don't or things I take issue with. It's easier to have multiple posts about what's bothering me with Sailor Moon Crystal than for something like "yeah, Sidonia was a solid show, I'll look forward to more." Or it could be for problems surrounding a show but not with the show itself, like not being enthralled about Ladies Versus Butlers only having a DVD release by an unreliable company.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GekiRed



Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Posts: 24
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:04 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
GekiRed wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
That tells me so much, and relieves me a little. Well, this little bomb will be hidden away and that's a good thing, now give me my uncensored Kite BluRay.


Is there anything you DO like because the majority of your posts make you come across as being a right misery guts...


I'm not that old British guy or Ikillchicken, I just tend to voice my opinions on things I feel strongly about. And what posts, the ones here and about Robotech? That hardly qualifies you to say I like or enjoy nothing.


Well la-de-damn-dah!

It's because of that damn arrogant attitude of yours that a lot of people here don't like you as well as the likes of penguintruth.

There's nothing wrong with not liking stuff that others like, but at the same time, it doesn't give you the right to come across as being a holier than thou stuck-up person!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GATSU



Joined: 03 Jan 2002
Posts: 14509
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:16 am Reply with quote
It actually looks better than that promotional reel we got a few months back. And they're even keeping it R, which is nice. The only thing it still suffers from is 'white person playing Japanese character' syndrome. But Umetsu will probably never get this far up the ladder again, so he likely doesn't care.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
njprogfan
Collector ExtraordinaireCollector Extraordinaire


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 673
Location: A River Named Toms
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:19 am Reply with quote
I wonder if the bathroom scene will be in the film.....would love to see it done.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
prime_pm



Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Posts: 2075
Location: Your Mother's Bedroom
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:41 am Reply with quote
At the end of summer...the Kite will FLY!

([expletive] kill me)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
clipeuh



Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Posts: 117
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:51 am Reply with quote
So DirectTV is VOD, right? It's kinda weird that they're doing their limited theatrical so far after the VOD release. I haven't seen the actual anime though, so I probably should watch that before this movie anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Letthemeatraep



Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Posts: 161
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote
This looks so awful...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 13789
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:04 pm Reply with quote
The things people said about Edge of Tomorrow.
Watch the film first and see for yourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 9310
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:10 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
The things people said about Edge of Tomorrow.
Watch the film first and see for yourselves.


What people? I thought EoT looked great from the trailers. This not so much. It doesn't help that it's starring no names and a SLJ who has no idea what he's even talking about when he mentions liking a graphic novel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GATSU



Joined: 03 Jan 2002
Posts: 14509
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
clipe: It's actually the norm nowadays.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group