• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Fate/stay night Anime is 'Unlimited Bladeworks,'

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animerican14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:38 pm Reply with quote
#814572 wrote:

It actually could still be multiple films since Japanese doesn't use articles like "a" or plurals (usually) so "a film" would be said the same as "films". All it really comes down to is that we don't know and probably won't until shortly before it's released.

More than that, I've heard that the term they used when announcing the Heaven's Feel animation was that it'd be in a "theatrical format," a term that was apparently used with the Kara no Kyoukai films. Now I haven't seen the stream (yet), more than likely wouldn't have been able to tell if they used the terms anyway because of my very 'meh' Japanese, and I don't know if 'theatrical format' in Japanese always connotes multiple films, so.... *shrug*. It would be nice to have two or three films for HF. Pity that there (probably) won't be any clever mixing of elements of HF into the main ufotable TV series, but hey, guess people will be able to get more faithful adaptations than they bargained for with this focus on two separate kinds of anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Videogamep

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
#814572 wrote:

It actually could still be multiple films since Japanese doesn't use articles like "a" or plurals (usually) so "a film" would be said the same as "films". All it really comes down to is that we don't know and probably won't until shortly before it's released.

More than that, I've heard that the term they used when announcing the Heaven's Feel animation was that it'd be in a "theatrical format," a term that was apparently used with the Kara no Kyoukai films. Now I haven't seen the stream (yet), more than likely wouldn't have been able to tell if they used the terms anyway because of my very 'meh' Japanese, and I don't know if 'theatrical format' in Japanese always connotes multiple films, so.... *shrug*. It would be nice to have two or three films for HF. Pity that there (probably) won't be any clever mixing of elements of HF into the main ufotable TV series, but hey, guess people will be able to get more faithful adaptations than they bargained for with this focus on two separate kinds of anime.

At least this way we get a HF adaptation. I haven't played the VN myself but I know the general story and everyone says it's really good so I'm looking forward to seeing that and the new anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:37 pm Reply with quote
#814572 wrote:
At least this way we get a HF adaptation. I haven't played the VN myself but I know the general story and everyone says it's really good so I'm looking forward to seeing that and the new anime.

It certainly has the most sex scenes in it. *cough*
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:41 am Reply with quote
trilaan wrote:
Awesome, my favorite arc in a fully realized TV series. Still I wouldn't mind seeing a series detailing the life of Shirou as it originally unfolded(as described by Archer) even more so.

true enough. we still dont know who was his biological parents were or anything of his origins outside of fate zero. if the tv would at least shed some light on his past, it might be worth it.

Unfortunately i am definitely disappointed that is not a new take on FSN and even more poed its a TV series of UBW that have already been released as a movie.

Dont get me wrong the movie was fine and how they spoiler[ maked shirou in the UBW route more useful than in the saber route perfect, unfortunately bumping off illya permanently ruined the UBW's route for me and personally liked the 2006 version of FSN which featured Saber's route more. hopefully heavens feel isnt like that either though if there was any route that should have gotten a TV series its the heavens feel route or a remake of the saber route.]

Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
#814572 wrote:

It certainly has the most sex scenes in it. *cough*

which is why i liked the deen version of FSN. sure people say that trying to merge all three routes into a tv series was bad, but at least it was a decent series. and unlike in tsukihime ,they seriously restrained in such fanservice which is a plus. sure it was only for the second to last ep for that TV series and its slightly minor unlike in the visual novels and ero games, but it was definitely enough to have people who arent ero fans to beserk. luckily most of us really didn't care about that part of tsukihime, and to be frank, it would be interesting if heavens feel had one part of the movie where its similar.

Regardless, the restrains that was made during the 2006 FSN TV series and tsukihime proves that trying to develop TV series that are based off ero games and ero visual novels isnt easy.

[EDIT: Spoiler tags added. -TK]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6