• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Adventure Anime Returns Next Spring in High School Sequel

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:08 am Reply with quote
well look there trying get digi-band back together again?!

give said is continue of original series but in now their high school years oh well there lots of explain to do it?

hey IF get dub version wonder same dub cast be back for it?

Last edited by KLAC on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Keyl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:08 am Reply with quote
bruce1991 wrote:
So does it takes after(before ending) or during adventure 02?

Tai was 14 in 02 and he's 17 in this. So probably after.
sainta

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:20 am Reply with quote
Tai's adventure to get a girl for prom after being NTR'd by Yamato
newudam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:43 am Reply with quote
oh my god I really got so emotional with this trailer it really weird for a 24 year guy seen this and get them teary eyes but, I can't help remembering back when I was ten years old and watching the show for first time it truly showed it still held a special place in my heart that I thought it was lost since Data Squad.

all I want to say thank you for bringing it back and wish they do great job with it Very Happy
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:46 am Reply with quote
I hope the new series is more mature than the original.
Myaow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:59 am Reply with quote
Ahhhh! This rocks! I wonder if Hosoda will be involved at all? That would be amazing!

Also how cool is it that both Digimon and its "sister series" Ojamajo Doremi got these 'all-grown-up' nostalgia sequels? (Doremi and Digi started around the same time, had opposite demographics, and their theatrical films were screened together! And now they both have sequels where the kids are in high school! So cute!)
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:13 am Reply with quote
Wow, it's been fifteen years already? The time sure has flown by since this first aired on TV. I wonder how this big return is going to go. It's just a shame the series doesn't have the same steam here that it once used to, because I love Digimon a lot and still do.
Lavnovice9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:15 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The problem is that Toei doesn't care. They already ruined Sailor Moon by not giving a shit about it, now they are doing the same to Digimon. I'll give it a chance since I love the first series, but I'm not expecting it to be good. Not after Saint Seiya Omega and Sailor Moon Crystal.

Toei doesn't care about Sailor Moon, but they care about Digimon. Sailor Moon Crystal is a web-only series with a questionable budget and more production issues than one could count.

I imagine this will be more like Omega. Sorry if you didn't like Omega, but I thought it was fine myself. They can actually market Digimon to kids so Toei will probably put way more effort into it than Sailor Moon Crystal.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:17 am Reply with quote
Crystal wrote:
One of the things I love about this is it'll make all those fanfics written not fit in with this. Anime hyper And hey, this'll actually HAVE Digimon. Anime hyper

I think my only concern is it might not fit in with some of the Drama CDs that take place after 02, which I love oh so much. :/

I'm really hoping this'll be good! I did really wanna know what happened to Taichi and the others in between the end and the finale. I hope it doesn't really "pander" to its online fandom.

And I really really hope they don't replace the voices with younger voice actresses . . . isn't the reason we cast women as boys in animation is so their voices won't change the way a child's would? Toshiko & Chika are amazing as their characters. And they voiced them recently in spoiler[Xros Wars] and the Digimon Adventure PSP game.

And I MUCH prefer this over remaking the series. Sailor Moon Crystal works because it's less fillery like its source material. Can't think of how that'd work with a (largely) original story and characters.

they will probably replace some of the voices since the characters are grown up now,but the PSP game kept everyone from the TV series,except Devimon(Kaneto Shiozawa died long ago and was replaced by Ryotaru Okyayu)and Takeru(Hiroko Konishi retired in the early 00's and vanished since then,and I doubt she was in this event like the news said.She was replaced by Megumi Han in the game.)
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:21 am Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
(Hiroko Konishi retired in the early 00's and vanished since then,and I doubt she was in this event like the news said.She was replaced by Megumi Han in the game.)

That was never said in the article. Some of the cast, including Mayumi Yamaguchi and Chika Sakamoto and Ai Maeda were there, but no one else. Yuuto Kazuma, the voice of Yamato, attended an earlier event that day that I also attended.
danilo07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:23 am Reply with quote
Remember how you were disappointed by Sailor Moon Crystal, well you are about to be disappointed again!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:28 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Wait, is that mean we're going to see up close spoiler[the awkwardness of "Matt's" and Sora's relationship in front of Tai?] Shocked

My thread of "Contradicting Word of God on Sorato (if possible)" on the With The Will Digimon Forums actually is about the debate on that. The 1st post has links to a Sorato fan's Tumblr and her With The Will thread where she addresses how Kakudou said that spoiler[Sorato] was foreshadowed, according to him.

The 54,800 yen that appears on the picture from the link that they have about the boxset equates to about $533.398. Sheesh, I'd rather get an Aniplex USA boxset for a lower price than pay full for this.

Last edited by Kadmos1 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
gloverrandal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote
That scene played out entirely different in the Japanese version. Taichi never expressed interest in Sora and who she was going to the concert with. He actually encouraged her to give her cooking to Yamato. The dub inserted all those lines of him being resentful and hurt and stuff and the awkward dialog betwee the two which hints relationships. It wasn't present in the original Japanese version.

I wonder if the 02 kids will show up, and if they do if they'll do things like have Miyako and Ken as a couple or other hints towards the epilogue like Daisuke working at a ramen shop or something.

danilo07 wrote:
Remember how you were disappointed by Sailor Moon Crystal, well you are about to be disappointed again!

My understanding is a lot of people who were disappointed with SMC was because they assumed it would be a remake of the old anime and not an adaption more closely following the manga.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:47 am Reply with quote
I can't believe that Digimon Adventure is actually back!!!
It is really unbelievable!
When is the spring in Japan? Anime hyper
Can't wait!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:47 am Reply with quote
gloverrandal wrote:
danilo07 wrote:

My understanding is a lot of people who were disappointed with SMC was because they assumed it would be a remake of the old anime and not an adaption more closely following the manga.

And if that's not the cause, then it's due to the show looking cheap and having weird character designs that are definitely not true to the manga either.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10