• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Adventure Anime Returns Next Spring in High School Sequel

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:49 am Reply with quote
Chika Sakamoto only plays Agumon; Taichi/Tai is played by Toshiko Fujita, who to my knowledge, was not at the event.

And holy smokes, the news about the freakin' Blu-rays should be it's own news article! My wallet's gonna hate me!

Regarding 02, that takes place three years after Adventure, so the original Chosen kids are 13-14. So, this series should, technically, be three years after the battle with BelialVamdemon/MaloMyotismon, but before the crazy epliogue. Maybe they want to fix the ending. Razz

I wonder if they'll just ignore 02 altogether, which would be kind of weird...
Juno016

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:14 am Reply with quote
sainta wrote:
Tai's adventure to get a girl for prom after being NTR'd by Yamato

lol The hinted relationship between Sora and Taichi was dub-only. The Japanese version gave very subtle hints of Sora and Yamato, but those were easy to overlook. I'm assuming the English script-writer in charge of making the adaption never expected the epilogue to Adventure 02 to have Sora and Yamato marry each other. Anime hyper
Crystal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:14 am Reply with quote
I really hope people aren't all like "MAKE THIS ALL ABOUT SHIPPING." Guys, that wouldn't be a good show. Anime hyper

I mentioned one of my few concerns besides retconning the Drama CDs is they might cater to its older fans/their online presence, which I'm hoping it won't do.

You know, I'm hoping this series will actually HAVE Digimon, unlike alotta fanworks. Digimon in a show about Digimon, imagine that? Anime hyper

I'd love to see Stingmon evolve to JewelBeemon (with Ken's crest), on that note. I keep thinking they might invent new evolutions, which I'm a bit skeptical, since I think Armor and Jogress evolution adds plenty.

Come to think of it, we're probably likely to see the Partner Digimon of spoiler[The Dark Seed Children]. That should be neat. And if the drama CDs are canon, maybe spoiler[Jun, Miyako's siblings and Shuu's] Digimon. I wonder if Natchan from the Drama CD will be mentioned, but it seems unlikely as Wallace isn't really canon. Although I'd love to see him meet up with Mimi and her New York buddies.

I'm wondering if they'll show traits of the kids leading towards their future careers, i.e. Takeru becoming a spoiler[novelist,] Ken becoming a spoiler[detective.] I do wonder what characters like Iori will be like 12 or Hikari, Takeru, Daisuke, Ken at 14.

Oh man, I'm rambling. Anime hyper
Kurohei

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:21 am Reply with quote
I'd rather had a sequel to Tamers, but the fact Digimon is coming back is still very good news.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:33 am Reply with quote
Wow, a return to the original Digimon Adventure Universe with all of the main characters back? Awesome! Judging by the description, it sounds like that the new series will be set after the battle with MaloMyotismon but before that epilogue and I got to ask why are we returning to this universe after everything was wrapped up in the end.

Wait a minute, if we are coming back to the Digimon Adventure Universe in the new anime full time, does that mean that we will spoiler[finally see that subplot with Dagomon and the Dark Ocean finally being brought to light and given the proper closure after it was set up but abruptly dropped? Yes please! Plus, since Daemon was sent to the Dark Ocean and he was one of my favorite villains and so, to see an old enemy come back to get his revenge would be awesome! I wonder if the new anime will retcon the epilogue somewhat.]

Overall, I am so excited to see the Digimon Adventure cast come back and since I grew up with these characters, I already feel heavy nostalgia coming in! Can't wait!
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:43 am Reply with quote
newudam wrote:
oh my god I really got so emotional with this trailer it really weird for a 24 year guy seen this and get them teary eyes but, I can't help remembering back when I was ten years old and watching the show for first time it truly showed it still held a special place in my heart that I thought it was lost since Data Squad.

I'm 32 and I was tearing up, hearing Butter-fly. Especially the light opening of it.

@danilo07 - Been meaning to ask you... is that Agent Cooper in your icon?

Personally, as long as we finally get the rest of the Dark Ocean storyline, I'll be happy.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:45 am Reply with quote
I am beyond excited! I just wish that one day we could get those blu rays... of the Japanese subbed kind...
Actar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:49 am Reply with quote
I don't know how to feel about this... I'm one of the biggest Digimon fans out there (up until Frontier at least) and at this point, I'm really of the opinion that some shows should be left untouched...

Seriously, all this nostalgia-exploitation is really wearing me down. Sailor Moon, Macross, Digimon, Cardcaptor Sakura... What's next?
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote
Yes! Yes yes yes! Please bring back the old English cast when this is licensed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlOROz1gSyI

Guess this would be appropriate to post...!
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote
I wonder if this will do anything to negate that "conclusion" that 02 had.

Probably not.
danilo07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:59 am Reply with quote
@Dessa Yes it is, I got bored by anime avatars so I chose Agent Cooper.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! I hope they can get the old English VAs if this series comes stateside, the nostalgia would be immense. And I hope New Video Group now sees fit to release the movies in a box set or something, I would much appreciate that (edited and all, I just want them)
pokenar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Well, this is cool, I suppose. As long as it doesn't turn into a Slice of Life "featuring Agumon from the Digimon Adventure Series"!

I would have preferred a Frontier or Tamers one, but I suppose they might happen in the future if this turns out well....
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:44 pm Reply with quote
nice!
still a long wait until it airs but I'm excited, I loved the first digimon~
Haterater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Optimistic. Hoping they don't recon things from the epilogue and show the 02 kids as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10