• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Adventure Anime Returns Next Spring in High School Sequel

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:49 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Sweet! I hope they can get the old English VAs if this series comes stateside, the nostalgia would be immense. And I hope New Video Group now sees fit to release the movies in a box set or something, I would much appreciate that (edited and all, I just want them)

Yeah, both would be great.

pokenar wrote:
Well, this is cool, I suppose. As long as it doesn't turn into a Slice of Life "featuring Agumon from the Digimon Adventure Series"!

I would have preferred a Frontier or Tamers one, but I suppose they might happen in the future if this turns out well....

Agreed, hopefully it's a real full Digimon series. I also quite liked Frontier, always good to see it has its fans.

Looking forward to this loved the first show, seeing the old characters will totally hit the nostalgia.
remiell

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait! The original anime was my favourite! I loved it so much back in the day, and that trailer with 'Butterfly'! T.T =D
Angel'sArcanum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:26 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if the Blu-Ray treatment will extend to the other series and if we will get any Blu-Rays here. I'm hopeful.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Wish this was a Tamers sequel instead.

Speaking of which, people round these parts are forgetting that Tamers retconned the first two seasons into being just shows within a show.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Maybe now we get to see why spoiler[Matt and Sora] end up together I always hated the fact that they did cause it seemed like it came out of nowhere while spoiler[Tai and Sora] got all the development in the very first season it just didn't make any sense to me as a kid and now an adult. This will be a nice way to see how their relationship developed between Zero Two and its epilogue. Maybe I'll come to like it. Smile

Also very psyched to see my Davis (Daisuke) again he was always my favorite Digidestined it was love at first sight when I was a kid. xD

This will be a blast of nostalgia for me to see all my childhood favorites again.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Lycosyncer wrote:
Wait a minute, if we are coming back to the Digimon Adventure Universe in the new anime full time, does that mean that we will spoiler[finally see that subplot with Dagomon and the Dark Ocean finally being brought to light and given the proper closure after it was set up but abruptly dropped? Yes please! Plus, since Daemon was sent to the Dark Ocean and he was one of my favorite villains and so, to see an old enemy come back to get his revenge would be awesome! I wonder if the new anime will retcon the epilogue somewhat.]

I would love to see this get some further expansion and final closure too.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

Speaking of which, people round these parts are forgetting that Tamers retconned the first two seasons into being just shows within a show.

Only the dub of Tamers. In the context of the original, 'Adventure' was just an alternate universe. That's why Ryo was there. Ryo went on adventures with Ken from Digimon 02 when he was younger.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:38 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Sweet! I hope they can get the old English VAs if this series comes stateside, the nostalgia would be immense. And I hope New Video Group now sees fit to release the movies in a box set or something, I would much appreciate that (edited and all, I just want them)

You guys can definitely try to get the VA back. It works if you really put the effort into it. I tell you this from experience.

When the new Dragon Ball Z movie came out, Mexican fans (myself included) demanded everywhere for the original cast to come back for the movie. There were petitions, facebook groups/pages, people sending mail to VA agencies requesting their consideration to go back. It worked. After all the effort we did, we got our original DBZ cast for the movie. So you guys should definitely try.

Last edited by #820645 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angel'sArcanum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:38 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

It could still be taken on its own and fit as a sequel to those series on TV in Tamers while still being its own thing, and do we really NEED a sequel to Tamers? It has a pretty nice ending from what I recall. I still need to rewatch seasons 1-4 and get around to Savers and maybe Xros Wars 1.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:41 pm Reply with quote
#820645 wrote:
You guys can definitely try to get the VA back. It works if you really put the effort into it. I tell you this from experience.

Minus Joshua Seth. They'll need to come up with a new voice for Tai, as you all know.
DTJB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Very interested in this.
TheAnagelic1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:04 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Actar"

Seriously, all this nostalgia-exploitation is really wearing me down. Sailor Moon, Macross, Digimon, Cardcaptor Sakura... What's next?[/quote]

Shows have anniversaries, and therefore a good excuse to cash in on some merch and such ("Celebrate 15 years of this show with..." etc.). And since you asked, Magic Knight Rayearth's getting a 20th Anniversary Blu Ray set in Japan this October. Anime hyper

Not to start any Pokemon Vs Digimon wars of old, but I kinda hope for some sort of treatment like this for the Pokemon anime when it hits 20 in just a couple more years (Ash is never going away I get that, so no new series, but a blu ray boxset of Season one would be lovely... X3)
grooven

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
I wonder if this series will be in keeping with the ending of Digimon 02 or if it'll be a separate universe?
God, I hope so that ending was terrible o_o. I'm so excited!!!!!

Last edited by grooven on Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
SolidSnake1111

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Love this.

Last edited by SolidSnake1111 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mee Deggi The Punisher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
I am beyond excited! I just wish that one day we could get those blu rays... of the Japanese subbed kind...

Seconded! I don't care if it's subbed, dubbed or in some Martian language, I just want it uncut and uncensored.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10