• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Claymore GN 16

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nechronius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:28 am Reply with quote
For some reason I thought it was due for release in November. I knew I should have pre-ordered...

So what do you think, will the big revelations end up adding another dozen volumes to the Claymore saga or will the series be over in a few more volumes? Things are really coming to a head after all.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:08 am Reply with quote
After reading Carlo's RTO, I was interested to see whether you'd have the same mostly negative reaction to this volume. Glad to see you enjoyed it a bit more. I think Yagi is still somewhat struggling with his expanded focus, but he's doing a better job now.

I was glad to see Rubel's conversation, as it made sense of what seemed like a big plot hole brought to light after the last revelation: spoiler[if the Organization was trying to research how to make controllable awakened beings, why the heck would they try and kill off Clare and company after they partially awakened? Wouldn't they be happy about their partial awakening?] Turns out it wasn't a plot hole at all.

I have to admit, the Abyss Feeders caught me a bit off guard. I had (foolishly) thought that the Organization was pretty much on the ropes. Should have known better.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:53 am Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
I was glad to see Rubel's conversation, as it made sense of what seemed like a big plot hole brought to light after the last revelation: spoiler[if the Organization was trying to research how to make controllable awakened beings, why the heck would they try and kill off Clare and company after they partially awakened? Wouldn't they be happy about their partial awakening?] Turns out it wasn't a plot hole at all.

spoiler[Yeah, they never wanted soldiers, they wanted weapons, and weapons don't think for themselves.]
Bored_Ming

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Claymore Dietrich? Arthur P Dietrich from Barney Miller??
Wow, now that has to be the surprise character of the century!

Sorry, older reference lost on younger generation.
Count your gray hairs if you got that one.

Looking forward to reading this one. RTO had me nervous but Theron's review has eased my worries. I will have to pick up GN16 sometime this week. For me Yagi does a good job of leaving you wanting more when you finish the last page. I mean that in a good way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1