• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ace of Diamond Anime Extended Until March 2015

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
Rivailloli wrote:
Guess I better get on with this series then. Doubt it will be able to fill Oofuri's shoes.

Well it is a completely different experience but still a very good one.

Both are fantastic.
Gutsmen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:36 pm Reply with quote
I guess my relaxing Sunday mornings will continue. Very Happy
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:32 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Looks like my alarm for 8:28AM on Saturday mornings will stay on for a bit longer. ^^;;

The series is airing now as I type this, actually. Anime hyper Go Seido~!

When I was in Japan for a week I caught it on TV. I was so excited I took a picture lol

https://twitter.com/Kimalysong/status/406929238994853889
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
RestLessone wrote:
Ragga Ragga wrote:
I don't even watch baseball but I love this show!

But forgive my ignorance, how exactly is this is show just running?

It hasn't been split into seasons or anything, so with this extension will it also just go on weekly with no breaks?

It's a bit strange, but cour refers to the quarterly runs of a series that tend to correspond with a season: winter, spring, summer, fall. Seasons are arbitrarily defined by the producers. So Ace of Diamond will be a 6 cour, 1 season show, unless it is extended again or they designate certain episodes as 'season 2.' Considering the information we have, the series will most likely go on with no breaks. Perhaps one week between the end of the summer quarter and start of fall.

Once a series gets that long, cours stop being used and it just gets called a longrunner, and 18 months(75+ episodes) is enough for that, especially since it can get extended again.

Lol, All this time I been just counting anime seasons as spring season, winter season etc.

And it just dawned on me that this would be the first anime I will watch that surpass 52 episodes. So I had no idea that longrunning anime would just run continuous like that...

Must be hell on the animation team, though having alot of manga material does tend to help I suppose.
princess passa passa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:23 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Looks like my alarm for 8:28AM on Saturday mornings will stay on for a bit longer. ^^;;

The series is airing now as I type this, actually. Anime hyper Go Seido~!

When I was in Japan for a week I caught it on TV. I was so excited I took a picture lol

You definitely picked the right character to screencap.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:42 pm Reply with quote

Haha, Miyuki senpai~! X3
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:09 am Reply with quote
Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes! Can't get any better with the already one year worth episodes.

Boss!Thanks,boss! Very Happy
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:42 am Reply with quote
Wow... that game is going to be murder.

I know this "season" culminates in the Inajitsu game... but that's the next game. The match with Sensen will probably wrap up next week or the one after. So, we're talking something like 30+ episodes dedicated to the preparation, playing, and aftermath of ONE GAME!

I think I'm putting the show on hold after the Sensen game myself. Watch it all once its over.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:34 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
Wow... that game is going to be murder.

I know this "season" culminates in the Inajitsu game... but that's the next game. The match with Sensen will probably wrap up next week or the one after. So, we're talking something like 30+ episodes dedicated to the preparation, playing, and aftermath of ONE GAME!

I think I'm putting the show on hold after the Sensen game myself. Watch it all once its over.

The game against Inajitsu will end far earlier than that.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:29 pm Reply with quote
"The additional episodes will depict the main characters' battle with their Inajitsu rivals. "

It's the natural end to a season too, the end of the prefecture tournament... and well, if the show follows the basic formula of a sports show following the growth of a first year player (and lets face it, this show is nothing if not cliched), our heroes will almost certainly loss the game in a hard fought battle. (Not that I know this, it's just the natural progression of such a show- the first year hero always loses in his first year.)

Now, obviously, the Yakushi game (played over 11 episodes) proves they are quite ready to drag the hell out of a game, and the Inajitsu team ARE their main rivals, so it would make sense they'll drag it out even more.

So I do not doubt at all that it will be the only official game played for the rest of the season...

...and for me, it'll prove to be too annoying of a drag to watch weekly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2