• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Media Blasters "Signing Yaoi Manga Deal," Confirms Dub for Holy Knight OVA

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:40 am Reply with quote
Blatch wrote:
Zemnort wrote:
...Bakuman...

...Squid Girl...

...Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei...
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:27 am Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

Swirl's done a lot of non-hentai dubbing. They were basically AnimEigo's third studio in place of Coastal Carolina and Southwyndle. Their first show for Media Blasters, "Marriage," wasn't even hentai. They just kinda evolved into it after MB began dumping all their hentai to Swirl.

oh. I was only looking at their entry in the database, and marriage isn't there
u6064vision

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:21 am Reply with quote
Man you people are mad about MB not releasing The rest of Bakuman or season 2 of Squid Girl!? You should be grateful you got any of it. You still got Squid Girl Season 1 in it's entirety and just invest in a region free dvd player which by the way are cheap and get Madman's release of Bakuman Season 1 Collection; all 26 episodes included subbed. Same with Siren Visual's release of Monster. They released all 74 episodes of Monster on dvd with Viz's English dub.

I was promised a lot of things and future releases from Bandai Entertainment before they backpedaled and closed up shop while also taking all of Gundam back home with them. I don't know how you can be upset when at least you got at least some kind of physical releases and that are still available by other means. Meanwhile I have to settle for a bunch of old Bandai catalog releases that I already own from Funimation and Sentai when in the grand scheme of things I was really looking forward to the future releases from Bandai until they went non-existence.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:13 am Reply with quote
So there going into manga now it good that there dubbing but im still wait for more Squid Girl there just so many time one can watch the first season

Why cant someone just out them out of there misery all ready
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Well, I guess MB is still holding on.
Izu0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Yaoi? Dub? :3 I'll check it out
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spinja446

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:08 pm Reply with quote
They had their bump of financial problems but Media Blasters aren't going anywhere. There are people that aren't even into anime that buy a lot of their Tokyo Shock stuff under that label as well as Toho and other Kaiju movies. Just look at their hundreds of reviews on amazon on a lot of their Kaiju releases. That stuff sells like hotcakes.

Plus seeing that they are still around, they must be doing something right being that they also juggle around production with Fever Dreams producing original movies all while doing business in the most expensive state New York. I think money is coming in just fine as they rebuild themselves. You guys seem to have this notion that they are still in dire straits.
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:48 pm Reply with quote
spinja446 wrote:
They had their bump of financial problems but Media Blasters aren't going anywhere. There are people that aren't even into anime that buy a lot of their Tokyo Shock stuff under that label as well as Toho and other Kaiju movies. Just look at their hundreds of reviews on amazon on a lot of their Kaiju releases. That stuff sells like hotcakes.

Plus seeing that they are still around, they must be doing something right being that they also juggle around production with Fever Dreams producing original movies all while doing business in the most expensive state New York. I think money is coming in just fine as they rebuild themselves. You guys seem to have this notion that they are still in dire straits.

You realize a lot of those reviews are from people who watched the film and haven't bought it along with those reviews being from their old releases and not the new ones.Now they do make money from their original productions,but I don't see how they any money off of any of their current anime considering how cheap they sell it for,and the titles being so obscure.
eyevocal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I'll believe they're dubbing Juden-chan when they release it...and they had better fix the FU'ed Japanese audio of the original release while they're at it, and offer exchanges for those of us who bought it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2