• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star Anime; Strike Witches, Steins;Gate Films

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:05 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Sailor S wrote:

Obviously the main difference between those two examples is that ADV and Geneon never released the final volumes of those before they went caput, whereas Bandai did complete Lucky Star. Granted, I do wish that they had at least released that last volume with a reversable cover to display the crayon drawing artwork so all 6 volumes were uniform in looks, but I guess it must have been that much of a letdown that they couldn't justify spending any more on it than they already had.

True, and that's why I'm not holding out hope that Funi will actually do that. But the print run for Vol. 6 was so low that it's almost as if Bandai didn't finish it... Laughing

Even picked up the LEs for 7 bucks each.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:47 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

Even picked up the LEs for 7 bucks each.

Its amazing that pretty much all the volumes are still cheap on Amazon. Oh, except for vol.6. That things more than 100 bucks. Like Zalis said, the print run must have been almost nonexistent.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:07 am Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Granted, I do wish that [Bandai] had at least released that last volume [of Lucky Star] with a reversable cover to display the crayon drawing artwork so all 6 volumes were uniform in looks, but I guess it must have been that much of a letdown that they couldn't justify spending any more on it than they already had.

I haven't gone hunting for my Lucky Stars v6, but I think that Bandai sold the crayon-drawing cover for v6 through their store for $.99. I have vague memories of buying it, anyway.

/me Googles...

Ah, here's a Mania article on the topic... It also says that the price was only 75¢. ^_^
kevinx59

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:58 pm Reply with quote
^Better than my local FYE selling the individual volume (without the box and goodies) for $49...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8