• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid Manga Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grooven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:16 pm Reply with quote
I knew this was bound to happen, as the sales for the manga were good. I liked season 1 & 2 StrikerS was a let down. Hang on a second, this is a spin-off of a spin-off...
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Now the question lies if this will get simulcasted. It would be great for the other Nanoha series to get legal streaming in order to get the ball rolling.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Meh.

Part of the reason I watch Nanoha in the first place is story and characters. I don't like a lot of things Force does (the Huckebein as a group) but it still has a solid story that could be interesting if done properly (unlike the manga.)

Vivid, while better than Force overall, doesn't really have any sort of story hook.

Could've just animated Gears of Destiny to be honest, mainly because that's perfect for an anime adaption.
IceKirby

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:16 am Reply with quote
ViViD's story occurs before Force, so it's no wonder they are animating ViVid over (or maybe it's simply "before") Force.

I like ViVid way more than Force mainly because it focus on the Magical Girl part. Force is not even named Mahou Shoujo anymore, and I don't really like the magic part being left aside for the armors and stuff.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:31 am Reply with quote
I've never seen Nanoha before, but I've wanted to. So this gives me an incentive to do so soon!
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:22 am Reply with quote
Hurrah! We will get to see Mama Fate! Very Happy
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:05 am Reply with quote
Yes, more Nanoha and Fate Very Happy And all the others of course, but seeing them as an official couple in StrikerS was just way cool.

I hope the series remake of StrikerS will have English subtitles too, but if it doesn't there'll still be the movie. The series would probably be much too expensive anyway.

(@ The retirement home remark, what's wrong with old ladies kicking ass? It's great to see older characters taken seriously for a change.)

What's up with Fate's lack of clothing though? I hope this isn't going to be just otaku-pandering fanservice Sad
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:40 am Reply with quote
Kimiko_0 wrote:

What's up with Fate's lack of clothing though? I hope this isn't going to be just otaku-pandering fanservice Sad

Didn't you watch the other seasons? The more clothing she loses the faster she gets at the cost of defense.

Anyway, as was mentioned, ViVid takes place before Force, so it would only be natural to see it animated first.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:43 am Reply with quote
YES! YES! YES! I thousand times yes. OH HELL YEAH!!!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!!!!!!
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:57 am Reply with quote
I literally shouted "Yes!" aloud when I read the title of this article.

I should note I've never read the manga, I'm just that happy to see a Nanoha series back on TV.

darkchibi07 wrote:
Now the question lies if this will get simulcasted. It would be great for the other Nanoha series to get legal streaming in order to get the ball rolling.

While simulcasts aren't normally determined by the studio itself, I note that Seven Arcs productions have actually had a quite good track record in that regard.

The original Dog Days (2011) was an exception, but we did get it near the end of the season when CR snagged the sequel.
LuScr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:32 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Awesome news. I can't wait to watch the movie either. Also, I hope it will be a 2 cour.

The manga has a tournament arc. 2 cour is almost a given.
tootbrush

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:34 am Reply with quote
MasterGhost wrote:
If you find that watching through 13 episodes of the 2nd season is too much of a hassle, you can watch the recap movie with better animation, further explanations of the background, at the same time sacrificing a few other less-important plotlines.

One of those "less-important" plotlines turned out to be Nanoha's entire character development. As such I consider the movies companion pieces to the shows, not stand-alone.
Fipse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:33 am Reply with quote
IceKirby wrote:
ViViD's story occurs before Force, so it's no wonder they are animating ViVid over (or maybe it's simply "before") Force

They will never do a Force anime. The manga is basically canceled and even japanese fans start to consider it "Non-canon".
Veniamin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:20 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Really? you're really worried about this? Have you seen the A's or maybe the movies?
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:50 am Reply with quote
Awesome!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4