• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid Manga Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:23 am Reply with quote
LuScr wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
Awesome news. I can't wait to watch the movie either. Also, I hope it will be a 2 cour.

The manga has a tournament arc. 2 cour is almost a given.

Oh wow, it going to be quite a treat to have one of many shounen staples on a group of magical girls.
natchu96

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:10 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
LuScr wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
Awesome news. I can't wait to watch the movie either. Also, I hope it will be a 2 cour.

The manga has a tournament arc. 2 cour is almost a given.

Oh wow, it going to be quite a treat to have one of many shounen staples on a group of magical girls.

ViVid is actually for the most part lolis training in magic-enhanced martial arts, and fights in Adult Mode.

And then some Ancient Belkan history regarding two kings, made relevant by the heirs that are alive today. And eventually said kings' BFF, but we'd have to get past the tournament arc for that one.

But mostly it's just lolis in Adult Mode punching each other out.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:53 am Reply with quote
MasterGhost wrote:
If anything, Force should be better as a TV anime and they can just slap an R rating onto it. But Vivid... why??

its kinda obvious. cause of vivio and her new friend. dont forget that this series popularity mainly devrives from the otaku community.especially when it comes to those loli pandering otakus. it was mainly the reason why both nanoha and fate was popular in season 1 and 2.

However you do have a point about maho senki lyrical nanoha force. it should have gotten an anime series. Hell the manga should have been released in the US about now, let alone the anime series being relicensed in the US again. No company have even touched the series ever since Funi rescued it after Geneon tanked and then for some reason let the license expire. hopefully both the anime and manga for this series will get license in the US in the near future cause it would be an uber crime if it doesnt cause yea there have small loli fanservice, but its very minor and by far its defnitely no Kodomo no Jikan (which i also hope both the anime and manga versions get licensed in the US too)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:09 am Reply with quote
Quote:

its kinda obvious. cause of vivio and her new friend. don't forget that this series popularity mainly devrives from the otaku community.especially when it comes to those loli pandering otakus. it was mainly the reason why both nanoha and fate was popular in season 1 and 2.

And that pretty much is what Nanoha Innocent is, and if I were to make bets I would say that Innocent gets an Anime before Force as well if we are going by that premise.

Quote:
but its very minor and by far its defnitely no Kodomo no Jikan
It is effectively Prisma Illya levels, and Prisma Illya got licensed, I think the issue with Nanoha might have to due with the negotiation tables with the Japanese license rights holders wanting too much (or possibly refusing outright due to reverse import paranoia) so the North American fans that want to legally watch/own Nanoha are a bit on the screwed over side.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:12 am Reply with quote
I've been looking for the 3rd movie news since January, but I'm excited that ViVid get finally an anime. I was always hoping that ViVid and/or Force will get an anime, especially since the main characters got seiyuus.

I'm looking for Vivio, Einhard, Rio, Corona, Miura, Chantez, Harry, Victoria, Sieglinde, Micaiah, Els and Fabia.

Thanks to G.o.D. and The Movie 2nd A's extra materials, Einhard, Rio, Corona and Miura have got seiyuus. Mamiko Noto for Einhard, Eri Kitamura for Rio, Misato Fukuen for Corona, and Kanae Ito for Miura.

I hope Sieglinde will get Kana Hanazawa, since she looks like Black Rock Shooter (the only problem is Sieglinde's Kansai-ben). It would also be funny if there will be Aoi Yuuki, since Nanoha has Chiwa Saito (Subaru, Nove and Quattro), Kaori Mizuhashi (Vivio, Yuuno and Sein), Eri Kitamura (see above) and Kana Asumi (Yuri and Isis).

I think the fanservice will be towned down. The Nanoha mangas always exaggerate the clothing damage, regardless which season.
NormanS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:12 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
MasterGhost wrote:
If anything, Force should be better as a TV anime and they can just slap an R rating onto it. But Vivid... why??

However you do have a point about maho senki lyrical nanoha force. it should have gotten an anime series. Hell the manga should have been released in the US about now, let alone the anime series being relicensed in the US again. No company have even touched the series ever since Funi rescued it after Geneon tanked and then for some reason let the license expire. hopefully both the anime and manga for this series will get license in the US in the near future cause it would be an uber crime if it doesnt cause yea there have small loli fanservice, but its very minor and by far its defnitely no Kodomo no Jikan (which i also hope both the anime and manga versions get licensed in the US too)

If i recall from scanlations, they said that Nanoha Force was cancelled or on hiatus on Nyantype magazine annoucement can be seen here http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=669725 which it was hosted on. Whereas Vivid is still being released.
So naturally, it'd make more sense to adapt a continually running series than to adapt one thats on hold indefinitely. Not to mention we will get StrikerS level of convolution since the casts (and groups) is much larger than StrikerS whereas Vivid has much fewer characters.
omiya

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:10 pm Reply with quote
So are we getting Nana Mizuki and Yukari Tamura singing theme songs for it?
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:26 pm Reply with quote
omiya wrote:
So are we getting Nana Mizuki and Yukari Tamura singing theme songs for it?

I'm 100% sure. It's not like that Nanoha and Fate aren't in this series. Otherwise, it would Mamiko Noto for the opening and Kaori Mizuhashi for the ending.

Thankfully, the Nanoha songs are usually Nana Mizuki's best songs.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Force got really crazy... but Vivid is just a bunch of training for a tournament and then a tournament, so I don't see how anyone can say Vivid is more interesting.

Personally, I'd rather them do something knew like the movie and focus on the main 3 rather than their extended cast.
IceKirby

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Fipse wrote:
IceKirby wrote:
ViViD's story occurs before Force, so it's no wonder they are animating ViVid over (or maybe it's simply "before") Force

They will never do a Force anime. The manga is basically canceled and even japanese fans start to consider it "Non-canon".

Not that I have any hope or expectation that will happen, I was only mentioning that if it somehow does, it wouldn't be before ViVid.

MajinAkuma wrote:
Thanks to G.o.D. and The Movie 2nd A's extra materials, Einhard, Rio, Corona and Miura have got seiyuus. Mamiko Noto for Einhard, Eri Kitamura for Rio, Misato Fukuen for Corona, and Kanae Ito for Miura.

I only knew that Einhart already had a seiyuu from Gears of Destiny. I'm a fan of Kitamura Eri and Itou Kanae, so this is nice to know. Now it only needs Horie Yui and almost all my favorite seiyuus will be in.
Fipse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:41 pm Reply with quote
[quote="jr0904"]
MasterGhost wrote:

However you do have a point about maho senki lyrical nanoha force. it should have gotten an anime series. Hell the manga should have been released in the US about now, let alone the anime series being relicensed in the US again.

Why would anybody adapt a dead manga? The hiatus was supposed to end 6 months ago and we still don't have any news about it. Force is dead and i bet they will write it out of canon soon.
puppy1843e

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Super excited for this and all the new merch that goes along with it. The manga is just way too cute.
tobeast777

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Yay but I wish it was Force Sad
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:18 pm Reply with quote
IceKirby wrote:
Now it only needs Horie Yui and almost all my favorite seiyuus will be in.

I also want Yui Horie. That would be another series where she and Yukari Tamura collaborate.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:17 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Fipse"]
jr0904 wrote:
MasterGhost wrote:

However you do have a point about maho senki lyrical nanoha force. it should have gotten an anime series. Hell the manga should have been released in the US about now, let alone the anime series being relicensed in the US again.

Why would anybody adapt a dead manga? The hiatus was supposed to end 6 months ago and we still don't have any news about it. Force is dead and i bet they will write it out of canon soon.

By this logic, Nanoha Innocent will get an anime adaptation in some form before Force (if Force EVER gets some sort of bone).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4