• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan Editor: Manga to End in 3-4 Years

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Mask

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:06 am Reply with quote
This is intriguing. Isayama said before that he plans to end the manga in 20 volumes. Based on the current pacing of the release of the volumes, that would've meant that the manga would end by 2016, or two years from now. Maybe they found some material to extend the manga a bit further.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:17 am Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:
lamel2g wrote:
How about some clue if and when their will be a second season of the anime?

Do you even have to ask? My concern is I remember Mr. Isayama saying the manga was ending "soon". 3 - 4 years is not soon...

Originally he wanted it to end around volume 20 from what I read. Then it started selling by the bucketload and he has to continue it to milk the franchise.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:12 am Reply with quote
Hmm. I see. Well I 'll just hope they 'll adapt all chapters into episodes sometime in the future.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:18 am Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:
Jajanken wrote:
lamel2g wrote:

Do you even have to ask? My concern is I remember Mr. Isayama saying the manga was ending "soon". 3 - 4 years is not soon...

Originally he wanted it to end around volume 20 from what I read. Then it started selling by the bucketload and he has to continue it to milk the franchise.

Gotta do what you gotta do I guess
Lawliet07

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:42 am Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:
Jajanken wrote:
lamel2g wrote:

You have no evidence of it being milked. Plus the author of this article forgot to add another crucial info on the fact that the editor stated that SnK's foreshadowing habits are finished, meaning we're going to get answers towards the end from here on out.
scriver058

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:21 am Reply with quote
It really is way too soon to accuse Isayama of milking this thing, and not every author that hits it big with something milks it. FullMetal Alchemist (which was brought up earlier in this thread) was huge, that didn't feel milked at least as far as the manga goes; same with Death Note. Some things are allowed to run their natural course.
Ranho

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:26 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
In I hope Isayama does not screw the story.

He already did that when spoiler[he made everyone transform; well IMO when he made a single character transform it was ruined. Instead of using strategy/tactics and skill to win they just go all shounen and transform to win...pretty lame to me.] I wish they'd end it sooner

This x1,000,000, 000, 000. Those stupidly placed flashbacks never helped matters, either.

I remember when I was under the impression that this was a seinen like "Berserk" or at least a seinen-ish shounen like "Claymore". The dreams I had of little humans coming up with strategies to take down giants and natural human drama arising from such an apocalyptic environment crushed when episode 5 hit.

A wasted opportunity. Ah well.
Ranho

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:32 am Reply with quote
scriver058 wrote:
It really is way too soon to accuse Isayama of milking this thing, and not every author that hits it big with something milks it. FullMetal Alchemist (which was brought up earlier in this thread) was huge, that didn't feel milked at least as far as the manga goes; same with Death Note. Some things are allowed to run their natural course.

And thank God for series like those two for showing that brilliant premises can be taken in amazing directions. Unlike, say, this series with its amazing premise that went nowhere mind-blowing.

I mean spoiler[have they even gotten to the Basement of Eren's house yet?]

Good grief...
tee2330

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:47 am Reply with quote
well spoiler[ if the humans would stop being selfish dicks and the king would stop being an asshole they'd already be at erens basment by now or they'd probably have the hole plugged by now and we'd get some awnsers ]
AP24

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:48 am Reply with quote
Currently there are 60 chapters. So the series will have about 100 chapters. First season covered up to ch34 so the series does need two more 2-cour seasons.

2nd season probably won't be out until at least ch70 is released, so it will probably air in 2016 or Fall 2015 the earliest.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:19 am Reply with quote
That editor shure is humble.
Wasn´t the manga supposed to end with around 20 volumes 2 years ago ? I wonder how many pontless spinoffs will come. Oh well the main manga is alright so a focused ending sounds good to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Minimimiau

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:23 am Reply with quote
I remembered that last year when the anime was on japanese tv they said the manga will finished in 2 years. Now 3 to 4.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:14 am Reply with quote
Lawliet07 wrote:
razisgosu wrote:
Jajanken wrote:
lamel2g wrote:

You have no evidence of it being milked. Plus the author of this article forgot to add another crucial info on the fact that the editor stated that SnK's foreshadowing habits are finished, meaning we're going to get answers towards the end from here on out.

When the author says I want the manga to end at volume 20 and it's now going on for an additional 3-4 years, that's called milking. Deliberately extending a series to keep the money flowing is milking. There's the evidence, where's yours?
Pipoko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:56 am Reply with quote
The 20 volume thing has always been "around or about" 20 volumes, it was a rough estimate, not a definite claim. 3-4 years would make 36-48 more chapters which would be about 9-12 more volumes. Currently 14 volumes are out, so in the end It'd be about 23-26 volumes, which works considering how many mysteries there are.

Hopefully it'll work out for the best!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:23 am Reply with quote
Ronin2081 is correct in that 3-4 years is "soon" for shounen comics. For example, as much as I love Naruto, it will have its 15th b-day of regular serialization (it first started as '97 oneshot) next month.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4