• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan Editor: Manga to End in 3-4 Years

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Running Wild

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:48 am Reply with quote
Attack On Titan is ridiculously overrated, the early parts had my attention, but then it just got really dumb really quick.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Its legacy will end in 4-5 years when all the English translated omnibuses and special editions have been released. The only reason this manga is popular is for the anime's stunning visuals. The story is mediocre at best, and the art in the manga is terrible. An easily forgettable and bland franchise if it wasn't for the anime adaption.
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:38 pm Reply with quote
So does that mean it's still going to end in 20 volumes, like isayama originally planned? Or somewhere between 30-35 volumes? Because I swear if the manga becomes any longer, I might end up dropping it.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Felicity dash wrote:
So does that mean it's still going to end in 20 volumes, like isayama originally planned? Or somewhere between 30-35 volumes? Because I swear if the manga becomes any longer, I might end up dropping it.

Based on earlier statements in this thread, re how many more chapters 3-4 years is and the number of chapters per volume, I would say between 25-30 volumes. FMA finished at 27 volumes and 109 chapters.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Running Wild wrote:
Attack On Titan is ridiculously overrated, the early parts had my attention, but then it just got really dumb really quick.

I'd say that it isn't an when comparing to bigger franchises like DB, One Piece, Gundam, and Bleach.
The_way67

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Don't EVER believe this farce about "ending so so time table." 2 years turns into 4....and 4 to 8. This manga goes on for however long the writer wants to push it/combined with how much money it makes.

Bleach? Naruto anyone?
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
In I hope Isayama does not screw the story.

He already did that when spoiler[he made everyone transform; well IMO when he made a single character transform it was ruined. Instead of using strategy/tactics and skill to win they just go all shounen and transform to win...pretty lame to me.] I wish they'd end it sooner

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't like that. I was so into it up until spoiler[ Eren died ] because it was so amazingly emotional. But after that it's like it turned so typical. I always wanted it to be human vs. titan. I still like AoT though and have been watching it on Toonami. I was just disappointed that he had spoiler[ Eren transforming ].
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:56 pm Reply with quote
The_way67 wrote:
Don't EVER believe this farce about "ending so so time table." 2 years turns into 4....and 4 to 8. This manga goes on for however long the writer wants to push it/combined with how much money it makes.

Bleach? Naruto anyone?

Well yeah, once the mangaka's bread and butter ends and their next manga don't do so hot, those get cancelled or put on the back burner and they go right back to the bread and butter. They don't even have to be neverending shounen fighting manga. See: Genshiken.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:04 pm Reply with quote
I must say I'm losing the enjoyment factor from AoT though I do struggle to drop a series when I'm as far as 12 volumes in. Like a few others I began eye rolling when more spoiler[corps started transforming] it started to get a little too lost in itself, in my opinion. I hope it doesn't get dragged out for too long. A FMA length would be about right to tie together the amount of questions that are currently open without rushing through (The Limit style).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
patrick.enfield.9

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Well to me that is still way too long. I am glad Aot isnt turning into one piece where oda makes some super long arcs with totally random stuff and gives you one or two big revelations in a year, However its still too long imo. There are too many unanswered questions and he's adding more mysteries as the series goes without really answering existing questions, kinda annoying to me. Not that I hate the series, I dont want to count myself to the countless haters in the anime community, as I do enjoy this series. However it could end earlier and we all know it.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:34 pm Reply with quote
AOT should have wrapped up by now. Hurry up or Die. We don't live forever.
Ronin2081

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:00 pm Reply with quote
The_way67 wrote:

Bleach? Naruto anyone?

One Piece?

spoiler[raises shields]
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:31 pm Reply with quote
What's interesting is that near Funimation HQ is a company called Titan Corrugated. How convenient for them,
scriver058

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:44 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Bleach? Naruto anyone?

Death Note? FullMetal Alchemist? Hellsing? Oh wait, those didn't go on for 40+ volumes.

I really don't get why people think that every single popular manga is pushed to run for 15+ years like Bleach, Naruto and One Piece have.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:41 am Reply with quote
i wish this was a weekly series, i usually forget what happened by the time the next chapter comes out.

lamel2g wrote:
How about some clue if and when their will be a second season of the anime?

already started

they have to wait for more material to cover.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4