• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Diabolik Lovers, The Ambition of Oda Nobuna Get English Dubs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Good on Sentai for making these dubs. Especially for Oda Nobuna.

As for Infinite Stratos, I'll wait for the blu rays for that one. It's too popular not to get blu-rays. Which is probably why they're pulling this, to max profits for the people who can't wait.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Infistratos wrote:
IS2 might just be getting a dvd release now because sentai are going to get the ova and then release it on bluray

They licensed the first season from Media Factory, which is why they were able to do bluray right away and include the soundtrack. Season 2 is from TBS, which always, at least for the past several months, have a hold back on bluray releases. I can't link it at the moment, but Sentai already confirmed on Twitter that a bluray will be coming out for it later.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:01 pm Reply with quote
IS 2 on DVD....I'll have to wait until it comes out on Blu-ray because I hate to double dip and I already have IS first season on the Blu-ray, so...
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:31 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Diabolik Lovers getting dub doesn't make sense to me either but whatever. The dialogue was already bad in japanese, can't imagine how much worse the dub would make it.

They used the same voice actors from the games..so it makes sense for the japanese but the dub yeah...
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:56 pm Reply with quote
I`m going to get sooo much hate for this, but I don`t care. Does noone understand that vampires CAN be sadistic? Or do people only think of vampires as like the ones in Twilight? I mean for fudge`s sake, I wonder what people would do if the games ever got released outside of Japan...the anime version treats Yui way more nicer than the games do, thats for sure.

But it does surprise me that it is getting a dub though.

Last edited by Felicity dash on Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:56 pm Reply with quote
It's better for anime series to have an official DVD-only release here than not an official release. Technically, Blu-Ray is a form of DVD.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Felicity dash wrote:
I`m going to get sooo much hate for this, but I don`t care. Does noone understand that vampires CAN be sadistic? Or do people only think of vampires as like the ones in Twilight? I mean for fudge`s sake, I wonder what people would do if the games ever got released outside of Japan...the anime version treats Yui way more nicer than the games do, thats for sure.

Yes they can but when it's done for the entirety of the series giving you absouletly no reason to care for any of the douchebags is it really worth it? I'd think not.
RazzBerrieCharm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:18 pm Reply with quote
If Diabolik Lovers gets a dub then why doesn't Uta no Prince sama?!

I never knew Diabolik Lovers was that popular....
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:26 pm Reply with quote
RazzBerrieCharm wrote:

I've been waiting for Uta for awhile now & the first season of Free!.
oujosamadeshita

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:59 pm Reply with quote
RazzBerrieCharm wrote:

Felicity dash wrote:

@Felicity: I get what you mean as I've listened to all the CDs and have heard a bit about the game, but explaining these things is useless to North American fans since most of them on here are well... ^^;; boobs > d. they have a huge problem with maso heroine but not maso heroes who likes to be stepped on by girls. Razz

to have both, UtaPri and DL, w/c are popular for their original voice actor cast to be dubbed somehow feels insulting to me... I don't know. I wish they'd cancel it. I'm really disappointed that I even took the time to make an account on here just to rant. Just give us the DVD alone or better yet, translate the game without adding any voices.
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:00 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Felicity dash wrote:

Yes they can but when it's done for the entirety of the series giving you absouletly no reason to care for any of the douchebags is it really worth it? I'd think not.

Well I actually do care for some of those "douchebags." Anyways I've said it before and I'll say it again. Each one of the brothers (who almost became sisters, but scrapped the idea because the characters appeared too manly-looking.) are based off of the 7-deadly sins. How can you make an anime or game with the 7 deadly sins appears nice?
KidOblivion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Nobuna getting a dub has made my day. Man, I'm getting that day one.

IS2 may be DVD only for now, but didn't they get the OVAs? If they released those with the Blu Ray I'm happy to wait for it.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:03 pm Reply with quote
It's nice to see that Oda Nabuna is getting a dub. If only that was a sign of more coming. That show really needs a 2nd season. Such a massive tease of an ending. Laughing

Oh, and I didn't realise the Chunibyo was getting a Collector's Edition release.

Felicity dash wrote:
How can you make an anime or game with the 7 deadly sins appears nice?

Maybe the upcoming The Seven Deadly Sins anime and 3DS game may show us how? Laughing
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Kind of interested in DiaLovers dub...LOL
Eisenmann V

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I have no interest in seeing Diabolik Lovers anytime soon, but I am looking forward to seeing Nobuna Oda and, particularly, Infinite Stratos 2, since I haven't watched Season 1 of that show yet.

Eh, season 1 was a perfectly average harem series, but season 2 really doubled down on the cheesecake episodes to the point where the plot was about two episodes long. I thoroughly regret watching all of season 2.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3