• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Seitokai Yakuindomo Season Gets OVA in October

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Madoka-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:30 pm Reply with quote
wouldn't mind if Sentai picked it up, i think of all of them they are most likely of the companies, them or NIS but i hardly see adult humour being NIS's thing.
I wouldn't say it's impossible but unlikely for sure.

as for the above, i would love some Tsuda/suzu as well, probably not happening though (random guess)
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:47 pm Reply with quote
I thought Funimation would be the most likely company but I don't know if that says more about the show or the show's fans.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:02 pm Reply with quote
-Madoka- wrote:
wouldn't mind if Sentai picked it up, i think of all of them they are most likely of the companies, them or NIS but i hardly see adult humour being NIS's thing.

as for the above, i would love some Tsuda/suzu as well, probably not happening though (random guess)

You haven't seen Nyaruko Crawling Chaos have you? I would say its about on par with SY in terms of content.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:22 pm Reply with quote
I always welcome more SY. Would like to see it get a physical release in the west. And, personally, I don't find the show to be as raunchy as some suggest. But, that's because I find that most of the jokes are meant to place imagery into the mind of the viewer.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:46 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
-Madoka- wrote:

You haven't seen Nyaruko Crawling Chaos have you? I would say its about on par with SY in terms of content.

It's juvenile humor, actually. Smile
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:37 pm Reply with quote
I hope they come out with a lot of OVAs this season. One never enough. Its too funny.

I do think though it would be sell here. There a lot in Japanese jokes and they are raunchy. I like the show a lot and still think its funny, but not sure if it would be a good seller in North American market. I don't look forward to it being dubbed into English though, something things are lost in translation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2