• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Patema Inverted English Dub Clips Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acetatsujin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Aquasakura wrote:
acetatsujin wrote:
I don't give a shit. The original BD with the official artbook will arrive in tomorrow. I'll post pictures of them.

Are you talking about the movie? I don't know what you mean by BD.

Blu-ray. No, the movie is awesome as always. And as promised:

BD Limited Edition of both Sakasama no Patema and Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki (both Japanese edition)

Official Artbook and BD LE of Sakasama no Patema

Size comparisons to one of Kantoku's ( カントク) books

Patema went through many types of drawings until the final design

^ Another character drawings of Patema inside the link below.

The rest of August second batch purchases are listed on my blog.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Oooooooh! This is neat stuff. Very Happy I like the artbook. So Patema went through different designs beforehand. This is one instance in which I like the old one over the other I think. I like the one which she has short, brunette hair. She looks both tomboyish and just a natural woman in general. Still Patema final design is nice and it seems it fits with the character they were going for in the movie, which is a curious childlike girl. But considering she looked different in the beginning I wonder what kind of character they had in mind for her, and thus if the story was originally going to be different.

Thanks for sharing. ^ ^

P.S I know now that BD means blur-ray.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:06 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I have been intrigued by this movie since it was announced. I hope I like it enough to want to buy the BD release. The dub sounds good to me.

acetatsujin wrote:
... freaking terrible .. absolutely terrible voice acting. Just stating my opinion. But in the end - I don't give a shit.

So, why are you posting then?

cause he's a dub troller. probably one of those otakus who waste their life bashing english dubs on forums when they cant act for crap.

However i am more concerned about this Gkids . luckily the casting i like , but any company that have the name "insertname"kids , must be vetted thoroughly cause the last thing we need is another 4kids horror story.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Gkids is the same company that released From Up On Poppy Hill, and did limited theatrical runs of many Ghibli Films. They've also released many other foreign animated films, all with very faithful adaptations. No need to worry.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Gkids kicks ass. They're nothing like 4Kids. They get a lot of quality animated films from all around the world and release them with dubs of equal quality.

I really liked the male lead's voice actor as Kenji in Summer Wars.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2