• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Star Ocean EX (#796) Precision Errors

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:51 pm Reply with quote
So, I was looking up some roles, and I found that the Star Ocean EX page has some big problems with the precision, both in the Japanese and English cast.

For the Japanese cast, Claude and Rena's voices are appropriately marked as main, with "Eleanor's Mother" listed as secondary, and everyone else as minor. For the English cast, Ashton and Celine join Claude and Rena as main, and there is no secondary cast.

Both lists should have the same precisions, which should be as follows:

Main Characters
Claude
Rena
>>These are the indisputable two main characters, both of the game and the anime

Main or Secondary Characters
Ashton
Celine
>>They're not "the" main characters, but they form the rest of the main party for the anime. I can see them going in either section.

Secondary Characters
Gyoro
Ururun*
Precis
Bowman
Dias
Leon
>>This is most of the rest of your party from the game, who play a decent-sized role in the anime

Secondary Characters or Minor Characters
Opera
Ernest
>>It's been a while since I've watched the anime, but I don't remember them playing that big of a role, however, they are party members in the game.

*Ururun has 2 voices listed in Japanese, who only have 1 kanji difference. I'm doing research to see which is the correct role.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:48 pm Reply with quote
I've done something like that, erring on the side of lower priority.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1