• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Announcement: Welcome to Daily Streaming Reviews!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:14 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
I'm not that bothered by the clogging in the news section, but the Talkback forum does seem a little cluttered with all the series' threads. I don't know if it can be done this season since all of the airing shows already have their own thread, but since we're getting a new thread per show as opposed to a new thread per episode (which if excellent, otherwise it would be crazy), would it be feasible to make the forum link of each series' review into the actual series's thread in the Anime forum? Like, if I click the "discuss this in the forum" button in the Tokyo Ghoul review, it could lead you to the Tokyo Ghoul thread in the Anime forum or something like that. I don't know if what I say makes any sense -or if I'm making it understandable-, but I think it could be a good way to keep the discussion from getting weirdly split

Add my voice to this. As it stands, you're basically creating duplicate series discussion threads, littering the talkback forum with them, and splitting discussion between them. Over time people are just going to migrate to one thread or the other, and you'll likely end up with people doing all the discussion that should be in the anime forum, in the talkback forum instead. Meanwhile the series discussion threads in the anime forum, some of which are quite slow to begin with, and could really use the additional traffic, will wither.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:26 am Reply with quote
Personally, I think the ideal solution to the episode reviews' placement on the home page would be to have them pinned to the top of the day and new ones joining previous ones in the same spot.

For the talkback threads, I agree they should be merged with the series discussion threads, along with an automatic post stating the new review's out(which, of course, would be the post linked to by the "discuss this in the forum" link if at all possible).
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:43 am Reply with quote
Zac, I appreciate the prefix but I came here to also ask about the same. Usually I can just scan the first page in Talkback for updated News & Interest threads. Now recent News threads gets pushed back 2 or 3 pages. Personally I won't bother hunting for them after the first page. It may be better for traffic for both types of discussion to separate them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7