• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Triage X Assassin Manga Gets Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm not surprised since they said there would be an announcement these days. I'm not too sure what to think about this yet though. Might give it a try.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dfens

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:44 pm Reply with quote
This is great news I just picked up volume 7 on the manga recently and the fact we are probably never going to see Highschool of the Dead manga or anime continue anytime soon.

The series really grew on me over time. I wonder if they will have mad house do this one as well. At least they have plenty of material for 24 episodes at least if they want to make that many.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I hope they keep the distinctive character design Inazuma uses. Worked well enough for HotD, shouldn't be too hard for anyone else. I haven't actually begun reading this one yet, but I have read Fire Fire Fire and all of the guy's doujins.

Well, at least this time we won't have zombie maniacs complaining that it's not just like their realistic survival scenarios or that how dare a guy who loves boobs draw some boobs in a manga that also carries over to the adaptation, the nerve.
Dfens

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:11 pm Reply with quote
My guess is they will have to dumb down the designs a little again like HOTD since it would take too long and cost too much to do a true character adaption detail wise.

Also some people will complain that a few of the characters seem to have super powers like Yuko with a sword that cuts through anything or Sayo who has super human strength and a body like steel.

At least they explain a little about it and how they can do what they do.
configspace

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:17 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I hope they keep the distinctive character design Inazuma uses. Worked well enough for HotD, shouldn't be too hard for anyone else. I haven't actually begun reading this one yet, but I have read Fire Fire Fire and all of the guy's doujins.

I imagine they must keep it. His super sexy designs would be integral to the show. His ero-doujins (under Inazuma) are even more smoking.

Quote:
Well, at least this time we won't have zombie maniacs complaining that it's not just like their realistic survival scenarios or that how dare a guy who loves boobs draw some boobs in a manga that also carries over to the adaptation, the nerve.

I love how the Japanese description is upfront about teh hot nurses:
Quote:
Mochizuki General Hospital boasts some of the most well-trained (and well-endowed) nurses in town.

I believe Satou Shouji's only Shounen works are HOTD and Triage-X. But he should do more shounen, if only for his sake, since that's the only potential place for big bucks. After he has a nice comfortable sum of money with licensing, etc then he can "retire" to hentai, like Shirow Masamune, lol.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:22 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
I imagine they must keep it. His super sexy designs would be integral to the show. His ero-doujins (under Inazuma) are even more smoking.

Yeah, the story itself is probably full-on stupid tier like Fire Fire Fire, but who cares, that's not why people read his stuff.

configspace wrote:
After he has a nice comfortable sum of money with licensing, etc then he can "retire" to hentai, like Shirow Masamune, lol.

And Jouji Manabe, who makes all of the best Dirty Pair doujins.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:33 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Yeah, the story itself is probably full-on stupid tier like Fire Fire Fire, but who cares, that's not why people read his stuff.

More mindless than stupid. Think a '70s Hong Kong action flick, the sort of thing Tarantino was paying homage to with Kill Bill, but done in Inazuma's art style.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:35 am Reply with quote
Yay, another anime that will never get a proper continuation.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:03 am Reply with quote
I've really been enjoying the manga. Regardless of whether or not you're a fan of fan service, Sato's artwork is pretty incredible. The amount of detail he puts into things like the guns is amazing. I do think some of the best things about Sato's art will be lost in the adaptation but I would quite like to see some of the action scenes in anime form.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:46 am Reply with quote
Excellent news, got all 6 (7 on the way) volumes though yet to read but I love everything else Shoji Sato does. Fire Fire Fire was great and H.O.T.D. is one of my all time faves, his h works ain't half bad either.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:44 am Reply with quote
I liked HOTD, so I think I'll be giving this a try. I'm not usually into ecchi works, but I like the designs this guy does for both the guys and girls.

I'll be waiting for a PV.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:29 am Reply with quote
Great news!
Having just finished the first two volumes earlier, I'm excited about this. I'm a fan of Sato's artwork and the plot isn't too bad at the moment. I think they'll probably tone down the violence, but the fan-service could be quite something.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:18 am Reply with quote
More boobies for the win!
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Ah yes. The master "plot" returns. This is his best manga and i still dislike it. A straight out hentai ova would make more sense.

Last edited by residentgrigo on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Great news!

Utsuro no Hako wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

More mindless than stupid. Think a '70s Hong Kong action flick, the sort of thing Tarantino was paying homage to with Kill Bill, but done in Inazuma's art style.

Yeah, I've been enjoying the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1