• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Episode Review: Blue Spring Ride

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbobot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:12 am Reply with quote
puppy1843e wrote:
spoiler[I spotted Narumi in Kou's flashback, so I hope there's a 2nd season for her to fully be introduced and have Kou thoroughly break her heart Very Happy It's a shame though that Kou couldn't get his act together with her fast enough and then Toma had to come in and be a complete douche. ]

I was wondering who that was. It felt like that scene focused a bit too much on her for her to just be part of the background and insignificant.
grooven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:20 pm Reply with quote
I have a feeling there will be a second season. But a very enjoyable show. Loved the cast, animation and story. Made each week worth the wait. I'll miss it!
myskaros

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:43 pm Reply with quote
With such significant fanfare over the casting of the new character, it feels like there has to be another season coming up. Maybe they just forgot to put it in the end card...
Animelover12313

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:45 pm Reply with quote
This was easily the show I enjoyed most this season and made my painful wait each week just to watch the new episode all worth it. The story to the deeply developed characters were such joy to watch. Then there's the Opening and Ending which made me wanted to keep repeating them over and over again. Then the OST being placed at the right moments just clicked into my emotions especially the song "I will". Then there's the fun cast of characters that amused you every episode and made you feel with them at certain points of the season. Just man, I wish the manga would get adapted with season 2 ASAP!
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:20 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't be surprised if there's another season coming up. The story is very much ongoing and this ending in the anime sets up a continuation quite well. The girl in the flashback and the other boy at school become major players later so if they really were planning to wrap up the entire series in just one season then I don't think they would have been introduced.

Quote:
and there's just an overall sense of, “Want more? Read the manga!” Were it available legally in English, that would be another story – still irritating, but we'd have the means to continue the story.

Well, considering the series was made with Japanese audiences who do have access to the manga in mind, I don't think it would be fair to hold it against the anime that English-speaking audiences can't continue the story by reading the manga.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:34 am Reply with quote
I'm enjoying the Ride even while it has the occasional bump here and there. Unlike most shoujo series where the lead is either perfect {...just shy or poor or whatever} or has to admit to her flaws {a shoujo lead with personality flaws? It happens, I think... oh, His and Her Circumstances, there's one}, I love a lead where she first has to accept she's not a total waste {Yui Yuigahama comes to mind but she's shounen support, though Hachiman has some similarities to Futaba. This is the shoujo equivalent of Love SNAFU? Sure, there are similarities.} as it not only allows for character growth, discovery and the occasional missteps but actually demands them.

"Say I Love You"? I hated that one, the girl was perfect, just shy {sigh}, the guy was perfect, just... too popular {double sigh}? That equals a good series? I never even finished it, that's how much I cared for the couple, the characters or the situation.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:27 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:

Well, considering the series was made with Japanese audiences who do have access to the manga in mind, I don't think it would be fair to hold it against the anime that English-speaking audiences can't continue the story by reading the manga.

I don't hold it against it - because you're right, that would be kind of silly - I thought it was something that people might want to be prepared for. I'm the kind of person who might have read all of the episode reviews before deciding to finish the series, so that was something I'd have wanted to be aware of.

I hope all of you are right about a second season! (And that Viz brings the manga over. I arbitrarily give them until the first of the year before I decide to get something in French if I think there's a possibility of licensure.)

And now I'd really better get back to class...
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:52 am Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
I don't hold it against it - because you're right, that would be kind of silly - I thought it was something that people might want to be prepared for. I'm the kind of person who might have read all of the episode reviews before deciding to finish the series, so that was something I'd have wanted to be aware of.

Sorry, it sounded like you were faulting the anime's ending due to the fact that the manga wasn't available in English since you said, "Were it available legally in English, that would be another story," as if it'd be fine if it were available. If my interpretation of what you meant by saying that was incorrect then I apologize.

I really do hope for a second season though, and they definitely set the stage for one. *crosses fingers*!
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:02 pm Reply with quote
No worries! Very Happy That's sometimes the problem with the written word - we hear the emphasis in our heads. (Plus I could have phrased it better...)
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:49 am Reply with quote
Lol, Futaba's body language was signaling him so hard she might as well have been marshalling a jet into the terminal. Very Happy

Anyway, not my favorite series, but it ended up a lot better than I thought it would. I'll probably be watching when they pick it up again.
zensunni

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:45 am Reply with quote
Here's hoping that, with the boost in manga sales seen last time, they decide to make another season of this anime and maybe even finish the story. An announcement of the new season of anime, timed to coincide with the release of the final volume of the manga, would be wonderful. Of course, the manga is still ongoing, but it is clearly heading toward an ending at this point. (At least I hope it is close to resolving the issues that are still keeping our young protagonists apart... If not, it may start losing fans...)

I also hope to see a US release of the series. Viz has the mangaka's earlier work. I can't figure out why they haven't picked this one up!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2