• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hunter × Hunter Manga Hiatus Continues Until Further Notice

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Togashi's hiatuses became longer and longer in the last decade. The latest one lasted for TWO YEARS.

Thus we can expect this hiatus to take few more years than that, so I am waiting next chapters of HxH ready maybe in 2017-2020, depending circumstances.

If Togashi is ill, then, of course, I wish him health.

Last edited by MaxSouth on Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I do wonder what he was doing for those 2 years to end his hiatus and go straight back on due to back problems because he clearly wasn't back logging HXH chapters Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I think it is time to merge all of HxH hiatus threads into giant single one, and put it in ANN Series Discussion Index. Eventually it is going to become bigger than actual manga/anime thread. :facepalm:
LonelyTomasz86

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:39 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
The latest one lasted for TWO YEARS.

To be more precise - two years and four months.Exactly. I think i know why Togashi's latest hiatus was this long. After reading the manga for so long you start to see some things betwen the pages. This time the reason was the most simple and logical one!
Show me the moneys! The moneys from teh animes!
Throught those 26 months the manga stopped printing in order for the anime production to chase up to the latest chapter. Nowe the anime can keep up with the manga. Of course Togashi had to be "available" during the production in order to keep his "Fatherly hand" oh his child(moneys) and guide it on the right path. This is my own cospiracy theory i came up with.
Plus the kids, the wife, personal life. Redrawing the raws in into tankubouns(alwyas prefered the raws over more detailed tankobouns). Sure, sure. And omg let's not forget the health issues! Poor Togashi!
How can all the other mangaka's keep up without the hiatuses they don't get to have!
Sure. Every excuse is a valid reason. He's the creator. He's the one that does the hard work and doesn't owe any explaining to us. But if some day he awakens just to realise all the fans have turned away from him, he better not be shocked. I stopped giving a damn long time ago. If he dies right now an H/x/H will be left unfinished, I will have lots of excuses and reasons myself to point the finger at Togashi and blame him.
I hope he "gets well". I will gladly pick up the new volume. I will be curious what fantastic adventures he came up. But overall... at the same time...my supply of empathy for him ran out...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4