• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Personal Demons

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:43 am Reply with quote
Yuyushiki sounds like a repackaged Azumanga Daioh to me.
jymmy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Yuyushiki sounds like a repackaged Azumanga Daioh to me.

Not sure why you'd say "repackaged". They're similar shows, but Yuyushiki's more distinct from AzuDai than a lot of shows also similar to both. Half the principal cast, different relationships with teachers, two of the main trio have a thing for the third member, and it's a lot more focused on meandering conversations than the whole high school experience thing.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:06 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
hopefully that wont be the case for heaven's feel and the new FSN TV series cause it will definitely need BZ or the cast that did fate zero for both to be successful here.

since those will be going to AoA, and they are in CA, that's a non issue

i wouldnt say that. people though the same thing for the UBW movie, but it got licensed by Sentai instead. dont be surprised if Sentai also licenses the TV series and the heavens feel movie for the US. just because Aniplex's japan division did have a part in the production of the series dont mean anything when it comes to the series being licensed in the US.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:12 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:

i wouldnt say that. people though the same thing for the UBW movie, but it got licensed by Sentai instead. don't be surprised if Sentai also licenses the TV series and the heavens feel movie for the US. just because Aniplex's japan division did have a part in the production of the series don't mean anything when it comes to the series being licensed in the US.

Geneon produced the movie, so AoA was never going to be able to get it. if you need solid proof that they have this new show, then go to Aniplex USA's website and click Titles. There's no way it wasn't going to happen
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
There's no way it wasn't going to happen

Nope, they know enough American fans will pay Japanese or close equivalent prices to justify using that pricing scheme. Again, it only works on your Triple A highly anticipated shows, the kind Aniplex is likely to be a producer of.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:22 pm Reply with quote
are you agreeing with me here, or misunderstanding what I said and correcting me?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
are you agreeing with me here, or correcting me?

Agreeing; if Aniplex has a role in hot commodity titles, why shouldn't AoA be involved?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3