• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) Seven Deadly Sins (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:31 pm Reply with quote

Season 01: (The) Seven Deadly Sins (TV)
Season 02: (The) Seven Deadly Sins -Signs of Holy War- (TV)
Season 03: (The) Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of The Commandments (TV)
Movie 01: (The) Seven Deadly Sins: Prisoners of the Sky (movie)
Season 04: (The) Seven Deadly Sins: Imperial Wrath of the Gods (TV)
Season 05: (The) Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon's Judgment (TV)
Movie 02: (The) Seven Deadly Sins: Cursed By Light (movie)
Movie 03: (The) Seven Deadly Sins: Grudge of Edinburgh (movies)

Source:
1st Series: Manga (completed @ 41 volumes, by Nakaba Suzuki)
2nd Series (Four Knights of the Apocalypse): Manga (ongoing @ 13 volumes, by Nakaba Suzuki)

Demographic: Shounen

Animation Studio:
Season 01: A-1 Pictures
Season 02: A-1 Pictures
Season 03: A-1 Pictures
Movie 01: A-1 Pictures
Season 04: Studio Deen
Season 05: Studio Deen
Movie 02: Studio Deen
Movie 03: Alfred Imageworks, Marvy Jack

Genres: action, adventure, fantasy, shounen, supernatural

Themes: aristocracy, conspiracy, crime, demons, medieval, superhumans, superpowers

Plot Summary: The "Seven Deadly Sins," a group of evil knights who conspired to overthrow the kingdom of Britannia, were said to have been eradicated by the Holy Knights, although some claim that they still live. Ten years later, the Holy Knights have staged a Coup d'état and assassinated the king, becoming the new, tyrannical rulers of the kingdom. Elizabeth, the king's only daughter, sets out on a journey to find the "Seven Deadly Sins," and to enlist their help in taking back the kingdom.

Air Date & Platform:
Season 01: October 5, 2014 (Sunday)
Available on: Netflix

Season 02: August 28, 2016 (Sunday)

Season 03: January 6, 2018 (Saturday)

Movie 01: August 18, 2018 (Saturday)

Season 04: October 9, 2019 (Wednesday)

Season 05: (1st half) June 28, 2021 (Monday), (2nd half) September 23, 2021 (Thursday)

Movie 02: July 2, 2021 (Friday)

Movie 03: (1st half) December 20, 2022 (Tuesday), (2nd half) August 8, 2023 (Tuesday)

Episode Count / Runtime:
Season 01: 24 episodes
Season 02: 4 episodes
Season 03: 24 episodes
Movie 01: 99 minutes
Season 04: 24 episodes
Season 05: 24 episodes
Movie 02: 79 minutes
Movie 03: (1st half) 52 minutes, (2nd half) 54 minutes

Total: 100 episodes
----------------------------------

One of my most anticipated series of the Fall. Well, it's by A-1 Pictures and given that time slot, I'm expecting a 2 cour. Also, the manga is still ongoing so I'm hoping it will remain mostly faithful. I have some mixed feelings for the VA though. Otherwise, the soundtrack should be good and I'm hoping they adapt the action decently as well.

This is going to be a blast~

Last edited by Stark700 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:14 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm really looking forward to this series myself. It's been a while since I enjoyed a shonen manga so much.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 1:

Good episode overall especially in the action and soundtrack department. They will play the OP song in the beginning next time rather than at the end. Anyways, we meet Meliodas although I don't think his VA fit. Probably will have to get used to it.

Hawk is an awesome pig though. Also, we get a small glance at the spoiler[7 sins on the posters]. There's not too much to go with right now but I think it set up the premise/story well. Oh and the OST comes out on Christmas Eve.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jaw271

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:23 pm Reply with quote
where did you watch the first episode? I cant seem to find it anywhere (sub version).

thanks!
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:08 pm Reply with quote
he watched without subs
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:31 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Hmm, at the beginning we see a giant flying manta ray, it is a little unfortunate as such a thing has appeared in a different series.

The first episode was not bad, but in my opinion it probably could have been better without the pig, it just looked silly.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:53 am Reply with quote
Interesting spoiler[characters..
Going old school with character art.
That pig sure was useful.
Help the Princess, save the country.]

Naw, I'm just not feeling it...
Think I'm gonna skip this one..
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Having no previous knowledge of SDS, but a few recommendations from members on this and other sites so I thought I'd give it a go.

My first impressions were that this is feels very much like Fairy Tail, not that it's a bad thing. Princess Elizabeth is pretty cute, though the constant spoiler[breast squeezing] was a tad cringeworthy. I don't mind it if it's by "accident" as with many shows, but the strangest thing was that she didn't even seem to care.

The soundtrack was great and the animation pretty good too. Hawk the pig was rather annoying but I guess he's the 'Happy' of this show, so I'll give him a chance.

Otherwise looking good so far!
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Episode1

My god this had to be one of the most generic opening episodes I've seen in my damn life. Already got the useless princess who will be saved by the perverted badass going on here for me to almost not want to touch this again.

The music sounded pretty similar to Fairy Tail but overall the show has more of One Piece feel to it.
mad mac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:06 am Reply with quote
The start of the manga is the one low point of the series. It gets a lot better from here, trust me.

It's also not really like Fairy Tail at all, and definitely not the series you turn to for power of friendship and shonen training montages.

Edit: Went back to refresh my memory a bit. The first episode was just one chapter. If they're taking it that slow it may take a bit for things to pick up...
Merida

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:53 pm Reply with quote
mad mac wrote:

It's also not really like Fairy Tail at all, and definitely not the series you turn to for power of friendship and shonen training montages

So what for are we supposed to turn to it? Boob squishing?

Watching this really made me miss HxH...might give this one more ep. if i feel really bored, but so far i didn't like anything about it: neither the characters nor the generic plot and most definitely not the sense of humour.
shakir0247

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Generic or not it's all gonna come down to the execution, and after just 1 introductory episode it's too early to tell quite frankly. Although the fanservice was fairly light so I'm not sure what the complaints are all about.

I do hope they stick with the med-evil theme though. I'm not a fan of when shonen series' that are set in an otherwise fantasy based world include things like guns, robots and futuristic tech. It always feels wildly out of place, and only works in something like a Final Fantasy game because the rest of the world is also a mix between sci-fi and fantasy. It's a pet peeve of mine.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

Good episode again. They are adapting this series at a decent pace without leaving too much important details. And as usual, I think the OST of the show is great with the mood. spoiler[Action was alright too with Gil demonstrating his ability a bit near the end there.]

As for the episode, I think the adventure that spoiler[Meliodas is venturing on with Elizabeth will earn them both friends and enemies. Then, there's the other sins that they will probably encounter. Based no the ending of the episode, there's one that is revealed and we'll probably see her in action next time. Should be good.]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:33 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Episode1

My god this had to be one of the most generic opening episodes I've seen in my damn life.

I know, right? If I had a dime for every series that started off with a guy who spoiler[looks like a kid and owns his own hat-shaped bar that rests on top of a giant walking pig, and a princess in a big suit of armor comes crashing in,] I'd have ... well, a dime I guess.

Anyway, I liked the first two eppies. Seems like some light-hearted good fun.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Weak naive princess meets super OP protagonist to try to change the world. You'd already have two dimes if you counted Aldnoah from last season alone Blood. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8