• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Le Fruit de la Grisaia (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:21 am Reply with quote

The Labyrinth of Grisaia (Prequel)
Le Fruit de la Grisaia (TV)
The Eden of Grisaia (sequel)

Genres: drama, romance, psychological
Themes: school

Plot Summary: Mihama Academy—on the surface, a closed learning environment established to nurture students who find themselves at odds with the world around them; in actuality, an orchard-cum-prison built to preserve fruit that has fallen too far from its tree.

Whatever the circumstances behind its establishment, Mihama Academy is at present home to five female students, all with their own reasons for "enrollment." For better or worse, each girl has established a routine obliging of her current situation; life moves at an idle, yet accommodating pace within the walls of Mihama.

Yet with the arrival of the institute's first male student, the nearly preposterously opaque Kazami Yuuji, the students at Mihama begin to fall out of step with their predetermined rhythms. Will Yuuji prove to be the element the girls around him needed to take hold of their lives once more, or will the weight of their pasts prove too steep a wall to overcome?

And in the first place, just who is Kazami Yuuji? While the true nature of the "job" he is wont to alight to at the most haphazard of moments remains shrouded in secrecy, one thing is for certain—his encroachment upon the quiet orchard known as Mihama Academy will prove itself momentous in one way or another. And of course, one cannot discount the possibility that perhaps Yuuji himself carries the weightiest past of any of the students... -VNDB

Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=da0g43jtT2w (Cam-rip)
----------------------------------

I think this was announced quite awhile ago but a few weeks back announced to air this Fall. A friend of mine talked to me about the VN before and he really enjoyed it. As for the routes themselves, I hope the series will adapt them faithfully. Sadly, the PV is only a cam-rip right now with not too many hints.

The studio that will be adapting this will be 8-bit which worries me somewhat. I thought their previous work like Encouragement of Climb and Aquarion EVOL were good though so I have confidence in this.

Last edited by Stark700 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:25 am Reply with quote
Episode 1:

I really really hope they will adapt the majority of the routes. Censorship of mist aside, I liked the first episode especially in regards with the characters.

The ending caught my attention the most. From what I've heard so far, I think all the characters will play important rules in the overall story. Oh and the MC is pretty interesting in regards to his character. Looking forward to more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:00 pm Reply with quote
When I looked through the fall anime chart, this anime was the one I was most hyped for besides the sequels and remakes. I was intrigued by the psychological genre tag because I thought it was going to be another harem based on the picture.

I liked the first episode. The ending was promising. It seems like all of the girls are spoiler[crazy.]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:11 pm Reply with quote
New transfer student looks very interesting.
Lots of nice fan service for everyone.
There sure are a lot of girls..
This may end up as harem.
Yup, everything seems to be going in that direction now.
Still, those girls are all weird.
Slightly eminds me of Akuma no Riddle x Zankyou no Terror.
Might give it a few episodes before I decide.
jl07045

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Ah, the Demonic Light of Purity, we meet again.

Apart from Yuuji's ass it was as crap as I expected. Looks like Yumiko will be the main grill.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:44 pm Reply with quote
This is certainly off to a better start (not to mention it looks way better) than Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete.

So this is how Tatsuya would react in a more typical harem situation.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:06 pm Reply with quote
favorite part was the tsundere scene. I'm gonna like this one
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:55 pm Reply with quote
This series completely feels like what would happen if you take Sousuke from Full Metal Panic! and have him replace Keitaro from Love Hina. Not sure where the plot is going to go from here, but it seems like it'll be interesting.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:28 am Reply with quote
The tone for this first episode was all over the place. Still, I'm eager to see where this goes. I suppose the first ep did its job of making me want to see more.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:03 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

The end of the episode was not even needed to notice that all of the characters are merely pretending to act like they are normal teenagers. While the ending was showing that each character was crazy, it was kind of obvious already. It was why one would dress spoiler[up as a maid, thinking it is completely normal]. He does not undespoiler[rstand being subtle, kind of similar to FMP and Riddle Story of Devil]. One tries way too hard to create spoiler[a character that she does not know what it is to be normal]. Another is also spoiler[trying too hard, this time with being overly big sister like, she lacks shame]. Don't know enough about the little one, she might be developmentally immature. And the last one, well kind of obvious with spoiler[the boxcutter].

So far I think my favourite parts were some comedy with the whole tsundere thing, that he kind of matched my thought progress in recognising that she is being one, that her hair style is the typical cliché. Seeing her facial expressions and such was great. Also he totally matched my kind of joke thought process of what spoiler[the girls were doing in their rooms]. Not that I am saying that I am saying that he is an insert character.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:48 am Reply with quote
I thought this was going to be a generic harem thing so I was pleasantly surprised. So is that a school for crazy people? Lol at the main characters thought process: The only thing students do while secluded in their rooms is either to do homework or masturbate. Laughing

"Who called a stripper to my room? Today's not my birthday". That's one of the funniest lines I've heard in anime in recent memory Laughing
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Well, so far I am intrigued. I like the main character's personality a lot, and the show has a good sense of humor. I'm also interested in learning what's going on with the "normal school" and am interested in learning the pasts of the eccentric girls.

I had a good laugh when spoiler[he asked the half naked girl in his room, "who ordered the stripper? It's not my birthday you know" or something to that affect. I also laughed at the fact he thinks all students do at home is study and masturbate. Laughing

Also props for the same scene which played out without anyone screaming and or running away/smacking the guy, defying the trope.]

Last edited by Kruszer on Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bugnin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Full Metal Panic directed by Christopher Nolan. That's what this reminds me of.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:
Good episode overall. Loved the OST used. This episode was more lighthearted although still had moments which highlighted more of spoiler[Yumiko].

Otherwise, that new woman named spoiler[Julia being introduced is kinda interesting. I wonder what other role she will play in this show later on. Oh and tsundere Michiru spotted. She isn't even hiding it anymore Laughing]
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Before this episode Yumiko was probably the girl I liked the least. After 2nd episode however I find her a lot more tolerable. I'm liking the main character a lot.

I found this episode overall a bit underwhelming compared to the 1st episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 15