• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GARO: Honō no Kokuin (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

That was glorious. spoiler[The action was fast and intense just like I expected between Herman and Bernado. And sigh, it looks like Mendoza is pushing his plan forward for good now.]

spoiler[Alphonse and Leon makes a good team imo but the prince needs to be careful of horrors in disguise.] Really found some of the flashbacks interesting during the latest episode as well. I can't wait for next week~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12:

Great episode overall, with a decent balance of action and emotions. Now I feel bad for spoiler[Alfonso as well since he lost his own mother. Sigh, this world is so cruel.]

And right now, I think spoiler[Leon needs to find himself again after losing control. I can't say I'm surprised though since he held such respect for his mother and seeing that cruelty again just couldn't be worse for his mentality.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:19 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

It was quite depressing that spoiler[Alfonso blamed Leon for what happened, taking the sword and saying that Leone had no right, even insulting him further when Leon refused to try and take it by force]. I don't blame spoiler[Leon, he was messed with in the head, and Alfonso always wanted that for himself so it sounds a little selfish in how he claims i]t. Not only did Alfonso spoiler[take his armour, but his father and kingdom took everything from Leon].

Me, I blame Herman for although being an honourable and strong warrior, he pretty much failed at being a father. He apologised for not being able to help Leon, we saw him training him in a flashback, but Herman spent a majority of the series being a man whore with no shame. spoiler[If he wanted Leon to look up to him and his beliefs in not harming the innocent, he did a poor job at it]. Leon had an spoiler[image of his mother that had been built up as his entire foundation, of course corrupting that would be enough to send him over the edge]. Alfonso had it spoiler[easy in just saying that he was fighting for his people, that very belief that actually started the witch hunts].
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:30 am Reply with quote
No, I'm with Alfonso, and I say that as someone who really liked Leon as a character through most of the series a lot more than Alfonso (and even at the end I'm hardly a fan of Alfonso, I just think he's got his head on straight).

spoiler[Leon completely #### the bed on this one, he did absolutely everything wrong and there is absolutely no excuse for it. He will likely redeem himself, but it must be a hard road of earning back any shred of respect, because he threw away any that he had before. You could say that Herman was not the ideal father, but I don't think he could have done anything more to stave off Leon's rage and weak will. I think if he had one actual failure in all of it, it would be in allowing Leon to keep the golden armor, knowing he was unworthy of it and potentially more of a threat than a benefit.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:28 am Reply with quote
Episode 13

The introduction of this spoiler[normal family that Leon] is currently with and the introduction of spoiler[this girl, Lara], might be the best thing to happen to this show in a while. We know something will spoiler[happen to the family], but I am really hoping that spoiler[Lara will be okay will be okay], which I kind of get some hope from the ED. spoiler[Lara] is spotted at the beginning of the ED spoiler[right behind Leon and towards the end as he is protecting her].

My guess is that Alfonso is spoiler[going to become corrupted or overly righteous].
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:49 am Reply with quote
Underwhelming episode imo but I like that new OP song. Hopefully the action picks up soon and I wonder how far they will develop Leon for the second half.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:25 am Reply with quote
Episode 15

What an incredibly pointless episode. And it was just weird, and not in a normal weird way.

I thought for sure that this was going to be a spoiler[lesson against trying to do something you don't truly understand, but it ended up positive]. The kid was somehow getting spoiler[ideas for creating the armour and was talking to some person, so I thought that it would make sense that he was actually being manipulated into creating something]. But that it just became a wacky adventure of people creating... that. Just why?

The people were out of their depth, they spoiler[created something they could not wield, pondered making it move on its own], and created a kind of spoiler[scary mix of flesh and metal], and yet come out smiling. How does the level of technology even match?
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:24 am Reply with quote
Ep 15 was filler. The only worthwhile scenes were spoiler[Leon letting Lara see his scars (and the subsequent discussion amongst Lara's family that Leon should marry her), and German and Alphonso observing the triumphant armor makers, while Alphonso comes to the realization that he doesn't need to sneak out of the palace for every little thing. Worst part of the ep: the lady said her husband died. Do we need horrible tragedies even in filler?]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:26 am Reply with quote
Although I still like the style of this show, the second cour so far has been underwhelming. I really hope they pick up the pace soon as there's still great potential to adapt more story and the character roles of the main characters.

Not sure what I think about the spoiler[filler episode] yet. I mean, I like it on some parts but it just didn't fit well overall.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 16:
I'm really not sure what to think of spoiler[Herman sometimes. I like him but at the same time find him very peculiar for a character. But in the latest episode, he did prove a bit of his worth.]

spoiler[Strange Horror btw....I wonder if there will be others like that]. Also, I'm hoping the show shifts to focus on the other characters like Alfonso soon.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:28 am Reply with quote
I can never be happy with a Herman episode. At the very least the episode points out how contrary is he is, acting like a gentleman and yet fooling around with girls, spoiler[supposed to be helping people, and yet possible hints that the horror might have been doing more good than bad], or at least blurring the two. It looked like the episode hinted that the guy did not know what he was doing, that he thought he was helping a lot of people, but the spoiler[horror was making people who stayed in contact with it for some time sick and the cures were actually making the tastier]. You would think that Herman could use that bell thing.

An interesting story in the episode, but I found that there was a real problem with trying to express the passage of time. That it looked like the episode could be over a couple of days but all of what the normal routines were had characters saying days or weeks passed. There had to be a better way they could have expressed time and what characters were doing during that time.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:13 am Reply with quote
For the past few episodes, we're really seeing a more intense side of spoiler[Leon. I didn't think he and Alfonso would cross swords though but I guess it was bound to happen sometimes.]

As far this series goes, spoiler[I'm glad it's back on track again after some fillerish episodes. And not to mention, Leon's loss in life really has an effect on him daily now...]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Episode 19:

Nice episode overall with the focus on spoiler[Emma this week. I really wonder what else this show has to offer with its Horror category though as we see one that flies with vampire features this week.]

spoiler[Good to know that the show didn't forget her.]
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Stark: Haven't seen the others, but Genocidal Organ's effing depressing. Just warning you upfront.
cheshire1501

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Two words

spoiler[AGE DIFFERENCE] Shocked
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4